• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember those Tre Boston trade rumors?

Jeremy Igo

Who does Carolina have to replace him? Might be a different story if they had drafted a safety or something but it's hard to see them giving up the only real safety depth on the roster.

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Who does Carolina have to replace him? Might be a different story if they had drafted a safety or something but it's hard to see them giving up the only real safety depth on the roster.

This. I've always maintained that while I don't want to see Boston penciled in as a starter, he's a solid backup. A lot of fans act like every backup should be a starting quality player. That's just not possible. Boston is a solid backup safety, he's just not a starter and that's okay because we won't be asking him to start this year except for injury.

14 minutes ago, stirs said:

Funny that we hate a guy and deride him continually, but when trade is mentioned, his value to the Huddle faithful soars

I'm not a Boston fan by any stretch, but considering we didn't get anyone to replace him this offseason or during the draft- we are stuck with him as depth. We can't count on Marlowe. Perhaps we will bring in someone else when training camp cuts happen.

Just now, mjligon said:

I'm not a Boston fan by any stretch, but considering we didn't get anyone to replace him this offseason or during the draft- we are stuck with him as depth. We can't count on Marlowe. Perhaps we will bring in someone else when training camp cuts happen.

That's a situation I could see. If a vet safety that we like better gets rel asked then I could see us replacing Boston with him but if he pretty surprised to see us trade or release Boston given our current roster. With that said, I've been pretty surprised before.

Safety Tre Boston, the Panthers’ fourth-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, has been waived. Carolina also waived fullback Devon Johnson, cornerback Lou Young and offensive tackles Jack Rodgers and Jordan Rigsbee.

Archived