• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our new fullback is fairly athletic....

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, qazsazsaz said:

I don't want to sound dismissive, but pretty much all the NFL guys can dunk (including OL) and do things that make the most of us look silly.  Heck, you see HS football players doing that stuff nowadays.

Leon Johnson (former UNC RB and NFL RB/FB/return man who followed Parcells around the NFL) went to my HS when I was a kid. Dude was a jaw dropping athlete on the hardwood. Played center at 6' tall because he was the strongest player and best leaper on the team. His signature move was throwing a 360 dunk on the break from about two steps inside the FT line. These guys are fuging unreal athletes.

9 hours ago, qazsazsaz said:

I don't want to sound dismissive, but pretty much all the NFL guys can dunk (including OL) and do things that make the most of us look silly.  Heck, you see HS football players doing that stuff nowadays.

you must be fun at parties

11 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Fun fact: All our draft picks are multi-dimensional in sports; they're athletes in a wide range of them.

Corn Elder had a chance to play D1 basketball for Purdue. He was a baller:

Taylor Moton was an all-state basketball player in Michigan. He also excelled in shot-put.

http://www.homtv.net/index.asp?view=story&news_id=1876

Christian McCaffrey played b-ball

Curtis Samuel is the only draft pick without any basketball background. He has track background however.

Daeshan Hall was the 4th best basketball player in Washington

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/daeshon-hall/VeYUd_TqEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm

And Butker played soccer. He also had experience in basketball as well.

sounds like Marvin Webster calling the Butker game...

I haven't read the post-draft interviews, etc. but is it set in stone that we want to use Armah on offense? All the tape I have watched of him, I would almost rather him play OLB.

Either way, I'm really interested in seeing what this kid can do, wherever we play him.

There is no doubt that this kid has great measurable and great athleticism but I just wish there was some tape of him blocking against some better competition. In the 6th round, he is worth the risk though. At the very least, he can probably stick as a ST'er though. He has the perfect attitude for teams.

Archived