• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bills courting Brandon Beane.. Richardson would be ticked

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

Idk man.. once they drafted Tanner Vallejo who we were constantly tied to, something seemed fishy

We picked before the Bills in the 6th. If we wanted Vallejo he was there for the taking.

The Bills did trade up to get in front of us twice in the 2nd round. The first time for Zay Jones who we were obviously interested in and the second time for Dion Dawkins who I could've potentially seen us being interested in. The Bills didn't make these moves to spite a team that isn't even in their conference, much less their division. But, in the case of Jones in particular, I could definitely see McD lobbying to get ahead of us because he knows our tendencies and processes better than anyone in the league not currently employed by the Panthers. He knows the types of guys we're going to like.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the Panthers' war room when the Bills jumped up and made those moves. I'd be very curious to know the truth about where Samuel ranked vs. Jones and Moton vs. Dawkins. Obviously we're going to swear up and down at this point that we had our guys ranked higher.

If Beane is under contract, the Panthers can refuse to let him go.  It's not like a coordinator being able to pursue a head coaching job.  The Packers refused to let Eliot Wolf interview last year but gave him additional duties.  They did let him interview for the 49ers and Colts this year but he later wihtdrew his name, probably with assurances that he would get Thompson's job when he retires.

53 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Is it not simply possible that we scout all year and McDermott talked to scouts throughout the year before he was hired as the Bills coach? Wouldn't be a conspiracy. It'd sound normal to me 

You take that logic out of this thread. There is no place for it while we gather our pitchforks and head to BOA to demand Beane's head 

Hey guys not here to troll but clear air. For Zay Jones I knew Bills would be all over him after hiring the WR coach a few months back.. If you look at his bio http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/pdf/pdf-bios/McGeoghan-Phil.pdf.  http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/mcgeoghan_phil/c273327c-1fee-416f-ba0b-1c917e0a4ea6  And we need a WR badly after Woods left for us. 

Trade up for OG but I think moving him to RT. After all I think Bills had the worst RT in football last year. Very need it and McDermott said worried they might go off. Just trying to help with info.

Archived