• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone know if Thomas Davis is a free agent next year?

Stnecldcr8zy

I think from now on as long as fox is here we are going to plan on trading our first round pick for a second round pick...That is the way to win I tell yas

No matter what Jerry says Fox has been on the hot seat for two years now. This year is the put up or shut up year. I dont think we will can Hurney but Fox will go if we don't atleast put up a winning record. Coaches just dont trade away future picks if they are not feeling the heat.

if you wanted to play devil's advocate you could say that they don't need Davis with their ability to develop linebackers on the cheap. You could probably re-sign Anderson much cheaper. If we went 3-4, you have Beason, and then Diggs/Connor to fight for the other. Look at Derrick Johnson - he went into a 3-4 and got benched.

I'd prefer to keep Davis. He's a somewhat rare talent - he's that Brooks type linebacker but he hits. He's a complete player. But on a cap strapped team you could make that money do other things (Peppers argument is a separate thread, thanks).

For the person who asked about Williams, he's in two years. After '10.

Don't pin your hopes that a CBA won't be reached. If we have an uncapped year then we are screwed, Jerry is gonna load up along with other big market teams. But on the bright side Mr. Jones might just take the bait on Pep. Look at baseball: Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Angels and Phillies(5 of the 9 highest payrolls), one of these teams will win ANOTHER title. The great thing about the NFL is working with a cap, however the bad thing is the Panthers pretty much suck at it. We have pretty much screwed ourselves at QB and CB by overpaying players for cap relief. To sign our superstar Pepppers and he's laying down this year. These 2 contracts will haunt us for years and someone dares to mention Peppers? Most people diagnosed with cancer want to rid themselves of it and go through painful treatments to do so, well prepare yourselves for some pain. Bring on the pain Pep!

Archived