• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion: Panthers select Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

We get you dont like Hall.  The Panthers definately scouted Basham extensively and decided Hall was better.  Did you workout Hall?  You met with him?  I know the Panthers will really hate to consulting with you on their selections.  You are the expert after all.

It's not worth the energy. Even if they had they don't have a clue what they are scouting.

15 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

I'm fine with a DE, but a TE is as important to us as any position we drafted this time. Let Olsen get injured and we have no one able to help out and FA TE is non existent.  This was a bad move, no way around it.

Lol chill dude. I recall KK Short and James Bradberry being "bad picks no way around it" for many as well lol. We needed a DE and there is a reason DEs tends to trump TEs in the first rounds of drafts like 4-1... because one is actually much more important than the other. Do I want a TE? Yes. Was this a bad move? I actually think it was a damn good one.

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Lol chill dude. I recall KK Short and James Bradberry being "bad picks no way around it" for many as well lol. We needed a DE and there is a reason DEs tends to trump TEs in the first rounds of drafts like 4-1... because one is actually much more important than the other. Do I want a TE? Yes. Was this a bad move? I actually think it was a damn good one.

Getting a DE was fine. Giving up the 3rd and 4th wasn't. Just that simple.

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

PrimeTimeHeel, We get you dont like Hall.  The Panthers definately scouted Basham extensively and decided Hall was better.  Did you workout Hall?  You met with him?  I know the Panthers will really hate to consulting with you on their selections.  You are the expert after all.

Lets revisit this Hall vs Basham discussion in a few years. 

No question Basham is a better player. Panther FO must think Hall has more potential and will reach it. 

I am of the thought that you draft good proven players rounds 1-3. Then draft projects round 4-7. 

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

KK was an awesome pick. 

I had him as the best pass rushing DT that year. 

1 minute ago, SmootsDaddy89 said:

HOF DE Everette Brown had 13.5 sacks his last year of college. And he, of course, just surpassed Bruce Smith for most sacks all time. Clearly this dude will never amount to anything with his PATHETIC 4.5 sacks. SAD!

Brown was also an undersized DE who got pushed around at the pro level

1 minute ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

KK was an awesome pick. 

I had him as the best pass rushing DT that year. 

I was happy with it as well. There's a few things I've learned since forever plowing this team in their opening season in franchise history to now. One of those things is that I have no control over who we pick and being optimistic makes my fanship more fun than being a pessimist. The second thing is that if the Panthers had done what I thought best the last few years we would've pretty fugged.

We wouldn't have Luke, Bradberry and quite a few others. Many guys I wanted us to take have been busts. The point is nobody possibly knows, but I put more stock in what the scouts know that what I know. If they believe in Hall then they have more reasons to feel that way than we have reasons not to. 

Its been a fun draft. Hall has serious upside. Roll with it my man.

Archived