• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion: Panthers select Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall

Jeremy Igo

Just now, bobcat91 said:

I'm fine with a DE, but a TE is as important to us as any position we drafted this time. Let Olsen get injured and we have no one able to help out and FA TE is non existent.  This was a bad move, no way around it.

Sign Gary Barnidge.  Swap late picks with the Jets for Pryor.  Maneuver as needed to draft a kicker and backup QB.  Success 

I won't bump my thread but quote what I've posted before:

Daeshon Hall 6'5 265 (The other DE from the Aggies) 

100516-cfb-aggies.vresize.330.186.high.1

Talk athletic, this guy can be dominant and without Garrett on the same line.  He showed up very well at the Senior Bowl and honestly, the more I read up on him, the more I like him.  His initial quickness off the snap is the best in this class IMO. He's powerful and if we want to get to the QB quick without blitzing, this is the type of guy I could see fitting in perfectly here.  

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/01/25/texas-am-defensive-draft-prospect-turning-heads-senior-bowl-week

He will be rising on boards and think he would be a great pick round 2.  

--

He seemed to have plateaued a bit when Garrett went full monster but I think he could become a very productive pass rusher.  Year 2-3 starter potential, at the minimum, great rotational piece.  He hits all of the measurables and has shown the ability.  It's easy to see why we traded up for him.   

2 minutes ago, Yaboychris28 said:

I'll be surprised if he's even active on gameday. Project player to say the least

At least he actually has experience playing against top competition.  All prospects have flaws, especially 3rd rounders.

Just now, Nails said:

Sign Gary Barnidge.  Swap late picks with the Jets for Pryor.  Maneuver as needed to draft a kicker and backup QB.  Success 

Barnidge is awful. Cut by Cleveland. You are tone deaf on the TE position. It is our biggest concern

19 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Why? It's along shot that any of our day 3 picks even make the team, much less become full time starters. Why not go ahead and get your future starting DE, if you believe he can be that guy? We signed Peppers, so we don't need a starter right away.

It's been repeatedly proven that more picks is better. The draft is an inexact science and the more chances you give yourself to be right, the better off you are.

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

It's been repeatedly proven that more picks is better. The draft is an inexact science and the more chances you give yourself to be right, the better off you are.

Tell that to the Cleveland Browns.

Just now, SOJA said:

You're right I went back and looked got you and Rico 6 confused. 

I've been accused of being a DG fanboy here because I've pretty much supported all of his decisions, even the Norman fiasco, but that changed a bit last year.

Bradberry going that early shocked me and I thought was terrible value (clearly and obviously proved me wrong last year and I love the pick but I still wonder, could we have gotten him later and another great player? Don't know but the way it's playing out is clear he was worth the pick and probably even much earlier in a re draft)

and now this year I did not love McC. Badly wanted Adams, Thomas's or Fournette  but of course never got a chance to get them. Love Samuel. The lineman I don't know a whole lot about but am cool with a lineman, just don't like small school. And now yes this DE wasn't my preferred one but I do like the pick.

i just feel this year DG went a little too need based on offense and it seems his hand was kind of forced to give Cam some more talent. Just seems uncharacteristic of DG to go 3 O players like that. And I'm a defense minded guy so I don't love going 3 O picks in a row. 

30 minutes ago, DeeJay said:

its always had to be that one guy

that one guy that doesn't just blindly follow everyone else? Yeah ik everyone we draft is a future HOFer right? bc we drafted them! Research this guy, very underwhelming and thats playing opposite garret. And we freaking traded up for him 

PrimeTimeHeel, We get you dont like Hall.  The Panthers definately scouted Basham extensively and decided Hall was better.  Did you workout Hall?  You met with him?  I know the Panthers will really hate not consulting with you on their selections.  You are the expert after all.

Archived