• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion: Panthers select Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

You said it as a fact. 

The correct wording would be 

"IF Hall lives up to his potential (learns to be a pass rusher combined with his measurables) then he COULD be one of the best DE in this draft."

The dude has a lot to work on and improve

1) Learn pass rush moves

2) Become meaner and more physical

3) Work on his explosiveness 

No I didn't.  Someone else might have, but I did not.

But I was wondering why it had to be one or the other.  He could be both raw and one of the better de's in the draft.  

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ton of potential, but I think he's boom or bust. He'll become a starting DE for us or he'll never see a second NFL contract. He has all the physical tools. As long as he's coachable and willing to work, we should be able to make him a good one.

I believe this is true of most any draft pick. 

At that position in the draft having traded up for him there were definitely others I would have preferred but this is his chance-lets hope he grabs it. He would have been great 4th rnd value. I hope that probably the best group of veterans at DE in the NFL can help this young guy improve.  

10 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

At that position in the draft having traded up for him there were definitely others I would have preferred but this is his chance-lets hope he grabs it. He would have been great 4th rnd value. I hope that probably the best group of veterans at DE in the NFL can help this young guy improve.  

Yea would have felt much better about Hall in the 4th. I expect rounds 1 to 3 to net good players that you know what you are getting. 

Hall is a complete wild card project. 

I expect a redshirt year for him this season.  He'll work on getting stronger and improving hand usage and technique.

So, I wouldn't expect to see him much, if at all, this year.  But next year, he'll certainly be worked into the rotation.  How much will be determined by how far he's come in his development.  Year three is when I expect to see a fully realized Hall...one way or the other.

For the record, he has all the innate traits to be a dominant edge rusher, he just needs to work on strength and technique.  And that will be up to how hard he's willing to work.  

9 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I expect a redshirt year for him this season.  He'll work on getting stronger and improving hand usage and technique.

So, I wouldn't expect to see him much, if at all, this year.  But next year, he'll certainly be worked into the rotation.  How much will be determined by how far he's come in his development.  Year three is when I expect to see a fully realized Hall...one way or the other.

For the record, he has all the innate traits to be a dominant edge rusher, he just needs to work on strength and technique.  And that will be up to how hard he's willing to work.  

He doesnt have that vicious mean streak aggression on the field. That is not so easy to teach. 

8 hours ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

Yea would have felt much better about Hall in the 4th. I expect rounds 1 to 3 to net good players that you know what you are getting. 

Hall is a complete wild card project. 

I think we can feel better about it because someone probably would've taken him not long after. 4-3 guys with length are getting harder to find, especially ones who can set the edge, which is like the hardest thing to install on guys like that. Let him develop his pass rush and he could be good.  

2 minutes ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

He doesnt have that vicious mean streak aggression on the field. That is not so easy to teach. 

He has ideal size (and will likely add 10-15 lbs. once he gets into an NFL weight program), is explosive, quick-twitched, has excellent quickness in small spaces, and is very athletic.  In other words, he's shown the fundamental traits to utilize the pass-rushing techniques he'll need in order to reach his potential...as long as he is willing to put in the work to learn them.  I also do believe he is aggressive and does attack the QB, he just doesn't have the strength or technique yet to get there consistently.    

That's why I think we'll see a redshirt year, and really start working him in next year.  Of course, it's possible that if he picks things up quickly in camp, that he could see the field more than I expect this year.  That would be ideal, but I really think a year to learn is the most likely scenario. 

Archived