• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion: Panthers select Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall

Jeremy Igo

im mixed on Hall, glad we got him but not having a fourth round pick in this draft stings. still a lot of good players left. if we can somehow get a TE (more blocker, but with some catching ability) and Xavier Woods at S  then id be stoked. dont think we can still get both now though with giving up that fourth. 

12 hours ago, Yaboychris28 said:

He had 16 sacks in 52 games. Not great production

Valid point--but maybe not.  While at Tex AM he grew a lot and was a stand up OLB a lot.  His size and a hand in the dirt changed how they used him.  With that comes technique to learn.  The measurables for this guy are impressive--

6'5" 266 4.76 40 time--

He has a year to get some muscle added (275 would be about right).  Peppers, CJ, Addison--pretty good mentoring.  I think he has the tools and the motor to be decent.

Go back and read the comments when Charles Johnson was a third round selection a decade ago--similar concerns.

8 hours ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

Raw and a project 

One of the best DE in the class

Pick one. Can't be both.

Why not?

If the guy needs training, experience and some work with the coaching staff, but eventually blossoms into a legit NFL starter, we can look back and say, we got one of the best DE's in the draft.  

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

Yeah but he's old as you've said and he's probably a one-year stop gap. I would love for us to pick up a safety prospect that can sit behind him this year and take over when Adams hangs em up.

Right, the post I'm referring to was stating this years team is pretty much set with no glaring holes.  Next year is next year.  This team is ready to win.

35" Arms---that means his arms are nearly a yard long--each.  That means, if you stack one arm on top of the other, something I hope we never see, his arms are taller than the average man.

That also means the long-armed OTs will find it harder to lock him up once he gets coached up.  I can't imagine Peppers and CJ showing him some tricks.

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Why not?

If the guy needs training, experience and some work with the coaching staff, but eventually blossoms into a legit NFL starter, we can look back and say, we got one of the best DE's in the draft.  

You said it as a fact. 

The correct wording would be 

"IF Hall lives up to his potential (learns to be a pass rusher combined with his measurables) then he COULD be one of the best DE in this draft."

The dude has a lot to work on and improve

1) Learn pass rush moves

2) Become meaner and more physical

3) Work on his explosiveness 

Archived