• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion: Panthers select Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

This dude is very underwhelming on film. 

Trading the 4th for this guy is questionable at best. 

As another poster said, could have used that 4th on a TE or OL depth. 

You should spend a little time looking at the posters that are agreeing with you....not a good thing dude

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I have heard nothing bad about this kid.   And make no mistake.  He is still a kid.

This is what absolutely drives me crazy every year.  People bitch and moan about a player not being heavy enough or strong enough yet fail to realize they still have a couple years of filling out to do.

Did you know the human body can grow until your are 25.   Maybe your reach your potential height early but the body is still growing.   Scouts know this. Obviously most don't.

It has to been Madden doesn't it. He only got rated at 5.8 and you are mad.

Great points. I'm a huge fan of going young and the Panthers have been all about it the last 3 drafts. In the first 3 round of the last 3 drafts 7 out of 9 players are 21 or younger on draft night. Clearly the coaching staff is trusted for developing talent and it's more likely to want to offer a second contract to a 25 year old then a 28.

6 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

I'm fine with the pick, it's the price I didn't care for.  I simply think we needed to get one of the deep TE in this draft.  The good TEs will be gone in the 4th.  We were in prime position for a contributor, not another afterthought like last year.

We should try like hell to trade for Kittle 

Hall's combine numbers reflect what you see on the field and that's the most promising thing.

Great vert, solid broad, respectabale 40 (more interested in seeing the 10 yard split) and solid 3-cone time. 

Hes got a great build, solid length and is QUICK off that line. Definitely excited about this kids potential.

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Hall's combine numbers reflect what you see on the field and that's the most promising thing.

Great vert, solid broad, respectabale 40 (more interested in seeing the 10 yard split) and solid 3-cone time. 

Hes got a great build, solid length and is QUICK off that line. Definitely excited about this kids potential.

His tape doesn't reflect his numbers imo. He doesn't explode off the snap. He comes off the snap rather tame most of the time. 

This kid is gonna need to wake up with some meanness and develop some pass rushing moves. 

Not impressed at all when I see his tape. For a guy with his size and athletisim he should be flashing out on the screen to me but mostly goes unnoticed. 

Got allot of potential. Just not sure he will reach it. 

1 hour ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

His tape doesn't reflect his numbers imo. He doesn't explode off the snap. He comes off the snap rather tame most of the time. 

This kid is gonna need to wake up with some meanness and develop some pass rushing moves. 

Not impressed at all when I see his tape. For a guy with his size and athletisim he should be flashing out on the screen to me but mostly goes unnoticed. 

Got allot of potential. Just not sure he will reach it. 

I think the athletic ability is there but ya don't get me wrong he has a long way to go. 

Im not sure he'll ever be a 3 down end but somewhat similar to how Addison started off. Coming in on 3rd down he may have some impact sooner than later. 

Let him add a little weight (not much) and work on his technique and we'll see.

Funny to me how people think they know defensive ends better than Gettleman and his staff.....

Please tell me more about how the youtube highlights didn't show enough for you and how you liked another player's youtube highlights better.

11 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

He's old but we've got a pro bowler (2 out of last 3 years) holding the spot for this year.  We're actually pretty solid now top to bottom.

Yeah but he's old as you've said and he's probably a one-year stop gap. I would love for us to pick up a safety prospect that can sit behind him this year and take over when Adams hangs em up.

Archived