• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion: Panthers select Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

Getting a DE was fine. Giving up the 3rd and 4th wasn't. Just that simple.

Basham and Rivers went in the next 5 picks. No other DE were picked after those guys. We would've been SOL had we not traded up. That was the range for that grouping and we got our pick of them

I'm fine with the pick, it's the price I didn't care for.  I simply think we needed to get one of the deep TE in this draft.  The good TEs will be gone in the 4th.  We were in prime position for a contributor, not another afterthought like last year.

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Panthers continue to value youth. That's 3 out of 4 players 21 or younger 

I have heard nothing bad about this kid.   And make no mistake.  He is still a kid.

This is what absolutely drives me crazy every year.  People bitch and moan about a player not being heavy enough or strong enough yet fail to realize they still have a couple years of filling out to do.

Did you know the human body can grow until your are 25.   Maybe your reach your potential height early but the body is still growing.   Scouts know this. Obviously most don't.

It has to been Madden doesn't it. He only got rated at 5.8 and you are mad.

13 minutes ago, davos said:

I think you may want to clarify here...

alright what i meant to say was...

Hall suffered a shoulder injury against Alabama during his junior season that required not one but two surgeries.so the following year instead of Hall rehabbing his shoulder and being primarily a rotational player off the bench the Aggies decided to start him in every single game in which more than likely caused his stats to decline from the previous season.

i didn't mean to send that post since i wasn't finished.i wanted to edit that post but i did make a note at the bottom of it stating that Hall played the entire 2017 season

bring back editing!

1 minute ago, bandu said:

alright what i meant to say was...

Hall suffered a shoulder injury against Alabama during his junior season that required not one but two surgeries.so the following year instead of Hall rehabbing his shoulder and being primarily a rotational player off the bench the Aggies decided to start him in every single game in which more than likely caused his stats to decline from the previous season.

i didn't mean to send that post since i wasn't finished.i wanted to edit that post but i did make a note at the bottom of it stating that Hall played the entire 2017 season

bring back editing!

Cool.  Reading through his background and football career, this past year actually shows his legit passion for the game and approach.  He dipped behind Garrett and that recovery period didn't make him want to rest.  Aight.  

17 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Brett Kollmann @BrettKollmann 4h4 hours ago

I'm convinced that Daeshon Hall was only around for Panthers because of his shoulder problems. He's way too talented to be there this late.

i agree...

if the kid can stay healthy then we will have landed one of the best DE in the draft

5 minutes ago, bandu said:

i agree...

if the kid can stay healthy then we will have landed one of the best DE in the draft

Raw and a project 

One of the best DE in the class

Pick one. Can't be both.

One of the best DE in this class was Barnett. Nightmare off the edge. 

Archived