• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion: Panthers select Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I was happy with it as well. There's a few things I've learned since forever plowing this team in their opening season in franchise history to now. One of those things is that I have no control over who we pick and being optimistic makes my fanship more fun than being a pessimist. The second thing is that if the Panthers had done what I thought best the last few years we would've pretty fugged.

We wouldn't have Luke, Bradberry and quite a few others. Many guys I wanted us to take have been busts. The point is nobody possibly knows, but I put more stock in what the scouts know that what I know. If they believe in Hall then they have more reasons to feel that way than we have reasons not to. 

Its been a fun draft. Hall has serious upside. Roll with it my man.

I would have no problem with Hall in the later rounds (4-7)

Round 3 is a premium round, You can still get good guys who were studs in college. 

Not a fan of projects in rounds 1-3. 

I hope this dude pans out, but right now I see this as a wasted pick. Two actually since we gave up our 4th. 

50 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Don't mind the player but I hate trading up

I saw that we won according to the draft value chart.  And there's no way 8 draft picks are making our 53.  At most we have room for 5 - 6 rookies.  So I'm happy with the trade up, honestly

6 minutes ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

I would have no problem with Hall in the later rounds (4-7)

Round 3 is a premium round, You can still get good guys who were studs in college. 

Not a fan of projects in rounds 1-3. 

I hope this dude pans out, but right now I see this as a wasted pick. Two actually since we gave up our 4th. 

Most had him graded as a 2nd round pick. Getting him in the fourth isn't in the least bit realistic honestly. 

7 minutes ago, SmootsDaddy89 said:

That happens when you move from OLB to DE.

You would think that more folks would know that. Complain about his production, with no idea what positions he has played.

One year of playing with his hand in the dirt, and he is supposed to be a polished stud. lol

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Developmental DE with height, size and speed. Gets to work with Charles Johnson and the legendary Julius Peppers.

Yeah, that was a good trade up and a good pick.

Spot on. 

Hard not to like a guy who has all the traits and his weakness is just needing to learn the nuances of the position and maybe sit a year. I'd say he's in an ideal position on this team for that. 

Archived