• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion: Carolina Panthers Select OG Taylor Moton

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

Lawson fits more as a 3-4, but I agree he's talented.

Rivers and Willis are still available, specifically Rivers. 

Basham may drop further than you think. He's good but he'll need some time.

Not as big on Rivers or Willis but also doubt they're there. Lawson can play either. He's a monster of a pass rusher. Health was his only real problem in college. Can easily make him fit here.

This is an amazing pick for the Panthers! There are many question marks about ALL of our tackles. We needed depth and we got it. Also this guy could play guard in a pinch as well. Love this pick! So far after some weird feelings I am starting to LOVE this draft class!!

11 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

So either they're concerned with Oher's health and have no faith in the 3rd rounder they used to pick Daryl Williams or they don't think they can pay Norwell and Turner?

What a disappointing 2nd round. Had a chance to really add on to a nice Thursday night but failed to do so

Exhibit A for my previous post

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

For now I'm viewing this as our bradberry pick for this draft. Hopefully he validates gettlemans grade on him like bradberry did. 

Yea me too. Especially if GS is cool with it I doubt he'd go on and do a super indepth article and then just blow smoke up our ass with our OL pick. So...sure.

4 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Not as big on Rivers or Willis but also doubt they're there. Lawson can play either. He's a monster of a pass rusher. Health was his only real problem in college. Can easily make him fit here.

Yep I see no problems. I love Lawson. It's a pipe dream imo, but he could do some serious damage.

First, you need to look at Moton not necessarily as a second round pick, but the first pick of the third round. If you do that, his value to cost ratio goes way up.

Watching the tape on him, I was impressed by how late in the game he was still handling his duties well and seemed to have just as much motor as during the first half. He pretty much owned Watt throughout the game. Actually, that who OL was a lot better than I expected.

I think he's the kind of guy you pick to push against both tackle and guard positions. And you can't teach a guy to be 6'5" 319 lbs. He looks like he's all business, too.

Personally, so far our draft has been almost Belichik-like in picking multi-use players with solid fundamentals and big upsides.

Archived