• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion: Carolina Panthers select WR Curtis Samuel

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

KB had a solid rookie year then regressed. 

Funch has shown flashes but has yet to be a consistent threat. 

KB regressed because of an ACL. He was starting to look like his old self again by the end of last season so I'm optimistic about him. For Funchess, this season will be put up or shut up for him.

2 hours ago, Asurfaholic said:

I have seen some mentions along the lines of "imagine what Curtis Samuel and CMC can do" and I must admit that I am not sure just what some of the people are visualizing.

what are some of the ways these guys can be utilized (together?) during the course of a game? 

My thoughts, imo they're essentially bringing similar skillsets to the same slash position they'll be playing. At least this year.

Shula must really be on some Jekyll & Hyde poo 

I think the set where we have samuels  in slot stew on the left and cmc on the right in shot gun or under center will  be dangerous read option will still be in play to keep teams guessing. If either gets good at blocking we will not need a fb.

36 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

I think the set where we have samuels  in slot stew on the left and cmc on the right in shot gun or under center will  be dangerous read option will still be in play to keep teams guessing. If either gets good at blocking we will not need a fb.

I hope they can run on the opponents as long as this sentence just did.

Love this kids speed.  Ted has been officially replaced and with Samuel going deep and McM and Greg crossing... it will make for some very interesting opportunities. 

We have the weapons to really be a crazy offense and keep defenses guessing.  I really like it so far, but hoped to see Howard and Olsen lined up on opposite sides of the field.  I'd like to see us grab a big TE today.

I just don't understand the complaining about this pick. Does anybody here expect to find a WR with 4.3 speed in the 2nd round who has no flaws? That will never ever happen. Bottom line, the production is there, the work ethic is there, and the intelligence is there. This kid had 1,000yds rushing and receiving in the same season in college, where they play fewer games in a season. What the hell else can you ask for in the 2nd round?

I just don't understand the complaining about this pick. Does anybody here expect to find a WR with 4.3 speed in the 2nd round who has no flaws? That will never ever happen. Bottom line, the production is there, the work ethic is there, and the intelligence is there. This kid had 1,000yds rushing and receiving in the same season in college, where they play fewer games in a season. What the hell else can you ask for in the 2nd round?

The only reason that had me concerned was him never truly lining up at WR not knowing the route tree and having poor hands

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived