• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion: Carolina Panthers select WR Curtis Samuel

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Don't need to I was here. We know you...if 1 person said anything about Cam it was "all over the place" and "everyone".

Well then you like other people that screamed like banshees when we selected him and Luke are simply using selective memory.

I can't blame them honestly.

Who would want to admit to being that woefully wrong about the two players that literally turned out franchise around basically overnight.

Anyway, hey, enjoy the draft.

I think Shula is smarter than most of you think...and more creative. He did not have the talent needed last year and injuries made a bad situation worse.  He asked for some help he did not get.   I think he will do very well with his new toys.  My prediction...this offense will rock!  I can't wait.

Just now, TheRed said:

Well then you like other people screamed like banshees when we selected him and Luke are simply using selective memory.

I can't blame them honestly.

Who would want to admit to being that woefully wrong about the two players that literally turned out franchise around basically overnight.

Anyway, hey, enjoy the draft.

Thought so. ya got nothing and I most def am enjoying it.

He wasn't really on my radar here. In can see why they like him. 4.31 40 is a good thing. If he can stretch the field better than any pure WR left then this makes me like the McCaffrey pick even more( after not wanting him initially either).

Some other cool things. Like McCaffrey he's only 20 years old. We can mold him into what we want him to be. 

Speed at WR position was the number 1 need by far coming into this draft. Looks like we addressed it while also creating matchup nightmares for other teams defenses.

this pick just goes to show, our offensive strategy is to dab on 'em all over the field.

every play we're gonna have 3 rbs lining up in weird spots and running routes, screens, option, and just spreading out the field. it'll be complete chaos for a defense to defend because everyone is either a home run hitter or a hog molly and you're either gonna get burnt or beat to a pulp. and cam's gonna be the ringleader. all these guys are just gonna be like a pack of  young pups following cam around this training camp and all they're gonna do is wreck.

1 minute ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

Heh, 2011 huddle was toxic.

Some people got so pissed after we got him they stopped posting here altogether.

It was stolen laptop quips among other things, and Michael Vick/Vince Young/JaMarcus Russell comparisons for what seemed like an eternity.

To say the Cam Newton pick was polarizing would be quite the understatement.

The idea that anyone here would try to tell you it was sunshine and rainbows in 2011 is absurd.

Archived