• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Waltefootball's Mock Day 2...Yes, please.

Catufb85

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

If he was a bust at in the 1st round what makes him a steal at 40?? 

The fact that there are no more Lattimores, Barnetts, McCaffreys, Allens, Hookers, Howard's... the fact that he's probably a 25-35 talent and a major position of need. 

I understand you don't like him, but don't try to make me look stupid for wanting him in the 2nd. He's a bust when you draft him in the top freaking 10 vs 40. If you can't figure out why that makes sense, then I question your evaluation methods from the start lol

That being said, I think its highly likely we go defense with P40. Probably one of the edge rushers like Rivers, dude from K-state, Demarcus Walker, or even Malik McDowell who's listed as a DT but is 6'6'' we could make him play edge 

Either that or one of the top safties like Obi or Budda Baker. Saftey or Edge just makes too much sense with 40 unless they are in love with a WR and they dont want to risk waiting to the end of the 2nd. 

7 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

His cohort on that site, Charlie, has the 2-3 remock as so:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017charlieredraft_2.php

40. panthersb_logo.gif Carolina Panthers: Demarcus Walker, DE/3-4OLB, Florida State FloridaState_logo.gif
The Panthers grab an edge rusher to groom behind Julius Peppers. 

In 2016, Walker totaled 68 tackles with those 16 sacks, 21.5 tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles and two passes batted. He caught fire in the second half against Ole Miss to record 4.5 sacks and help lead Florida State to a huge comeback win over the Rebels. 

The 6-foot-3, 280-pounder broke out in 2015 with 10.5 sacks, 15.5 tackles for a loss, five passes broken up and 58 tackles. He was a tough edge rusher for the Seminoles. Sources told me that they were projecting Walker to the second day of the 2016 NFL Draft prior to him announcing he would return for his senior year.

64. panthersb_logo.gif Carolina Panthers: David Sharpe, OT, Florida Florida_logo.gif
The Panthers could use a right tackle candidate considering the uncertain status for Michael Oher. 

Sharpe was a solid left tackle for the Gators. He is a good run blocker and a better athlete with more quickness than one would think. Sharpe had a good first half against Tennessee's Derek Barnett before struggling in the second half. 

For the NFL, Sharpe would probably be best as a guard or right tackle. As a sophomore in 2015, Sharpe saw action at both tackle positions. He was a good run blocker who flashed some pass-protection skills. Sharpe (6-6, 343) needs to improve his pass blocking for the NFL, but he has upside to develop. Sharpe needs to keep his weight in check and avoid lethargy.

98. panthersb_logo.gif  Carolina Panthers: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech VirginiaTech_logo.gif 
The Panthers could use a tight end to pair with, and develop behind, Greg Olsen. 

In 2016, Hodges totaled 48 catches for 691 yards with seven touchdowns. He improved as a junior and could be one of the real value picks in the deep 2017 tight end class. In 2015, Hodges recorded 40 receptions for 530 yards and six scores. He was a redshirt freshman sensation for the Hokies in 2014 and produced the best year ever in terms of receiving production by a freshman tight end at Virginia Tech. The 2014 season saw him haul in 45 catches for 526 yards and six touchdowns. 

Hodges (6-6, 257) needs to improve his blocking for the NFL, but he could be a taller version of a Jordan Reed-type tight end, or and even a Mike Evans-type receiver on the outside.

Yeah i like Charlie's better give me a safety instead of Sharp and I'm happy..

Just now, Hoenheim said:

That being said, I think its highly likely we go defense with P40. Probably one of the edge rushers like Rivers, dude from K-state, Demarcus Walker, or even Malik McDowell who's listed as a DT but is 6'6'' we could make him play edge 

Either that or one of the top safties like Obi or Budda Baker. Saftey or Edge just makes too much sense with 40 unless they are in love with a WR and they dont want to risk waiting to the end of the 2nd. 

If we go defense then I really hope we go Obi. I wanted Adams the most in this draft but Obi would be a fine consolation 

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

The fact that there are no more Lattimores, Barnetts, McCaffreys, Allens, Hookers, Howard's... the fact that he's probably a 25-35 talent and a major position of need. 

I understand you don't like him, but don't try to make me look stupid for wanting him in the 2nd. He's a bust when you draft him in the top freaking 10 vs 40. If you can't figure out why that makes sense, then I question your evaluation methods from the start lol

He sucked in the 1st and will be the same garbbage in the 2nd..

Just now, WOW!! said:

He sucked in the 1st and will be the same garbbage in the 2nd..

Is your opinion which you are entitled too. My opinion, however, is he could turn in to a solid RT on a team that isn't promised a strong comeback from Michael Oher. Funny thing. We can disagree without acting like douche bags on the internet. Guess word hasn't gotten around on here...

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Is your opinion which you are entitled too. My opinion, however, is he could turn in to a solid RT on a team that isn't promised a strong comeback from Michael Oher. Funny thing. We can disagree without acting like douche bags on the internet. Guess word hasn't gotten around on here...

If that's your opinion ..Just by positional value why spend such a high pick on a RT??

What about D William we still have him as well.. If we are looking at OT we need one who can back up at LT.. Which everybody has already realize Cam can't play..

If I had to pick any one player for 40 it has to be Obi. He's probably the equalizer we need for all this receiving talent we have to deal with in the NFC South when we play the Falcons and Bucs its not going to be fun for Bradberry and Worely trying to cover the likes of Desean Jackson and Julio Jones . 

Is he a SS or FS? I'm guessing he would start with Coleman with Adams and Boston backing them up off the bench. That's a pretty nice unit in the backfield. I'd want to also draft a CB to be good depth behind Worely and Bradberry 

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

If that's your opinion ..Just by positional value why spend such a high pick on a RT??

What about D William we still have him as well.. If we are looking at OT we need one who can back up at LT.. Which everybody has already realize Cam can't play..

I never said Robinson was my first choice, just that I think he would be great value and I would be happy with it. I disagree with everyone wanting WR at 40 but I'm all for grabbing Obi or beefing up the Dline. 

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I never said Robinson was my first choice, just that I think he would be great value and I would be happy with it. I disagree with everyone wanting WR at 40 but I'm all for grabbing Obi or beefing up the Dline. 

This is where we disagree Cam is dropping for a reason..

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

You think a WR I should gonna keep Cam on his feet? I feel like Robinson would actually do better than that haha. I would rather get Obi or Dline at 40 and take someone like Henderson with our next pick

No don't want WR either..

Go defense next 2 picks then a TE or OT 3rd round. 

Archived