• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Waltefootball's Mock Day 2...Yes, please.

Catufb85

21 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017redraft_2.php

Walterfootball as we know is a highly regarded site for mock drafts.  He got several teams picks right last night and no one would predict the trades, but looking further into his last Final Mock he had a lot of the teams picking either the right player or the right position but predicted player was gone.  Overall, good mock from Walter.  For his Mock Day 2 for the Panthers:

#40 : Cam Robinson, LT Alabama

#64 : Teez Tabor - CB, Florida

#98 : Malachi Dupre - WR, LSU

With so much talent on the board for Day 2 I would honestly say I would be more than happy with these picks tonight.

Other notable picks from the mock:

#33 Green Bay : Joe Mixon

#34 Seahawks : Obi

#37 Rams : Zay Jones

#47 Ravens: Dalvin Cook (Yes, all the way down to #47 WOW!)

#49 Redskins steal Tanoh

I will laugh so, so hard if the Seahawks have Cam on the board and go safety

3 minutes ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

That is not saying much. Pretty much every SEC LT bested the number 1 pick. 

He got most of his sacks vs non SEC competition. 

His production doesnt match his measurables. 

He is a hope to live up to potential guy. 

Good post. You just pointed a fact about Garrett's SEC production. When Warren Sapp said the same thing he was vilified...even by some on this board.

I don't think Myles Garrett is a sure thing or a sure bust.  I don't think he was the best player in this year's draft. I don't even think he'll end up being the best DE from the 2017 class.  We'll find out in a couple of years.

5 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Cam Robinson was a bust of a prospect when he was being mocked as a top 15 pick. But at 40 he could be an absolute steal. If he can improve his speed and footwork, Trai and Robinson would be a pretty massive run blocking tandem (I anticipate Robinson moves to the right side in the NFL)

I agree with your last statement. I've always thought he'll end up at RT too. That's why I can see the rationale behind targeting him tonight. Even If Oher makes it back (no sure thing BTW), I think he only has 1-2 years on his deal. D.Williams hasn't proven that he deserves to be the starter yet. Robinson could possibly solidify the RT spot for the rest of the decade.

15 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Cam Robinson was a bust of a prospect when he was being mocked as a top 15 pick. But at 40 he could be an absolute steal. If he can improve his speed and footwork, Trai and Robinson would be a pretty massive run blocking tandem (I anticipate Robinson moves to the right side in the NFL)

If he was a bust at in the 1st round what makes him a steal at 40?? 

Robinson may be developmental but almost all the tackles in this draft are, the ones that are left anyway. He by far and away has the best measurables and athleticism. If he can be coached up technique wise he could be a monster RT (Is kalil starting at LT?) 

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If he was a bust at in the 1st round what makes him a steal at 40?? 

Name the great Alabama OL in the NFL.  Yeah, I'm still waiting.  He is slow, a penalty machine and has bust written all over him. Would not take as an UDFA.

19 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Hell I'd love that. I'm not sure how realistic this is though...I really like Dupre but he is basically Funchess-esqe, so people here would still bitch and moan about not having a burner WR 

That's because its true. We dont need another Funchess which is what Durpee , Ardarius Stewart are to me. I'd rather have either a dude that runs great routes/great hands and decent speed /good all rounder(ex. Zay Jones, Chris Goodwin, Carlos Henderson) or a burner like Isiah Ford or Dede Westbrook would be even more ideal. I believe we won't be touching westbrook though from all that domestic violence poo, even though he was never actually convicted of anything I doubt the Panthers want to touch a player with DM issues with a 10 foot pole. 

3 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Robinson may be developmental but almost all the tackles in this draft are, the ones that are left anyway. He by far and away has the best measurables and athleticism. If he can be coached up technique wise he could be a monster RT (Is kalil starting at LT?) 

That makes me not want him even more.. I rather have more than a project in the 2nd and 3rd round..

46 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

That's because its true. We dont need another Funchess which is what Durpee , Ardarius Stewart are to me. I'd rather have either a dude that runs great routes/great hands and decent speed /good all rounder(ex. Zay Jones, Chris Goodwin, Carlos Henderson) or a burner like Isiah Ford or Dede Westbrook would be even more ideal. I believe we won't be touching westbrook though from all that domestic violence poo, even though he was never actually convicted of anything I doubt the Panthers want to touch a player with DM issues with a 10 foot pole. 

don't forget KD Cannon and Chris Samuels. Both fill that burner role. i think we already got our great route guy. 

1 hour ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

That is not saying much. Pretty much every SEC LT bested the number 1 pick. 

He got most of his sacks vs non SEC competition. 

His production doesnt match his measurables. 

He is a hope to live up to potential guy. 

I understand that, but the SEC teams also basically shut off running plays to his side of the field. Most running plays were to the other side and when they tried to catch him pressing he would read and diagnose a screen play fairly easy. He was also playing with his hands in the turf in college where he will play standing up in the NFL.

Regardless, Robinson didn't just keep him from making plays, he owned him. He wasn't helped with a guard, TE or a running back. If he is available, you have to take him to avoid the conundrum we had in the second half of last season. 

His cohort on that site, Charlie, has the 2-3 remock as so:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017charlieredraft_2.php

40. panthersb_logo.gif Carolina Panthers: Demarcus Walker, DE/3-4OLB, Florida State FloridaState_logo.gif
The Panthers grab an edge rusher to groom behind Julius Peppers. 

In 2016, Walker totaled 68 tackles with those 16 sacks, 21.5 tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles and two passes batted. He caught fire in the second half against Ole Miss to record 4.5 sacks and help lead Florida State to a huge comeback win over the Rebels. 

The 6-foot-3, 280-pounder broke out in 2015 with 10.5 sacks, 15.5 tackles for a loss, five passes broken up and 58 tackles. He was a tough edge rusher for the Seminoles. Sources told me that they were projecting Walker to the second day of the 2016 NFL Draft prior to him announcing he would return for his senior year.

64. panthersb_logo.gif Carolina Panthers: David Sharpe, OT, Florida Florida_logo.gif
The Panthers could use a right tackle candidate considering the uncertain status for Michael Oher. 

Sharpe was a solid left tackle for the Gators. He is a good run blocker and a better athlete with more quickness than one would think. Sharpe had a good first half against Tennessee's Derek Barnett before struggling in the second half. 

For the NFL, Sharpe would probably be best as a guard or right tackle. As a sophomore in 2015, Sharpe saw action at both tackle positions. He was a good run blocker who flashed some pass-protection skills. Sharpe (6-6, 343) needs to improve his pass blocking for the NFL, but he has upside to develop. Sharpe needs to keep his weight in check and avoid lethargy.

98. panthersb_logo.gif  Carolina Panthers: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech VirginiaTech_logo.gif 
The Panthers could use a tight end to pair with, and develop behind, Greg Olsen. 

In 2016, Hodges totaled 48 catches for 691 yards with seven touchdowns. He improved as a junior and could be one of the real value picks in the deep 2017 tight end class. In 2015, Hodges recorded 40 receptions for 530 yards and six scores. He was a redshirt freshman sensation for the Hokies in 2014 and produced the best year ever in terms of receiving production by a freshman tight end at Virginia Tech. The 2014 season saw him haul in 45 catches for 526 yards and six touchdowns. 

Hodges (6-6, 257) needs to improve his blocking for the NFL, but he could be a taller version of a Jordan Reed-type tight end, or and even a Mike Evans-type receiver on the outside.

Archived