• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the Panthers will draft Lattimore

Catufb85

Roughly between 9:00-9:30 the Carolina Panthers will be on the clock at pick #8 in the 2017 NFL draft.  Though I don't predict much change in the top 7 picks but maybe 1-2 trades of teams going backwards, the site we have come to know and love will officially go on suicide watch.  The reason, will be because with the #8 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers will select Ohio State Cah'nah Marshon Lattimore.  With reason for the Huddle meltdown will be because Fournette will be gone and players that the media has been persuading us to love like McCaffrey will still on the board when we pick.

There is so much that goes into why Lattimore is the best option at pick #8 if we stay and hes there.  Everyone and their mother have Lattimore listed at the #1 Cornerback in draft.  Analysis like BR Matt Miller have Lattimore as a top 10 overall prospect (McCaffrey at #19), Mike Mayock has Lattimore at #6 ahead of McCaffrey at #8, OJ at #9, John Ross #14. 

Watching film on Lattimore I was instantly reminded of how Norman looked in 2015-2016.  Aggressive, instincts, ball-hawking, fluid movement, and coming down in run support.  Lattimore's measurements at the NFL combine are equivalent to watch Gettleman likes in corners.  He's 6'0 193 38.5" Vertical, 132.0" broad jump, and oh he ran a 4.36 in his 40.

Lets also keep in mind that Gettleman thinks beyond his team as well with his picks.  With our division foes fielding wide receivers like Julio Jones, Desean Jackson, Mike Evans, etc. Not to mention a football site just ranked the NFL's top WR corp currently with Falcons #2 (Julio, Sanu, & Gabriel), Tampa #5 (Evans, Jackson, Humphries) and Saints #6 (Thomas, Snead, Ginn) we need help outside of Bradberry on the edges.  Not to mention with our 2017 schedule we also play Packers #1, Patriots #2, Dolphins #8, Lions #17, Eagles #20, and Lions #21 (Panthers currently #27 if you think our corps is better than some listed)  but also once playoffs come and we have to face the Giants #4, Cowgirls #11, and Seahawks #14.

The NFC in a whole is stacked with great wide receiving groups, and with questionable doubt outside of Bradberry.  I think Marshon Lattimore would be the pick here.

Here are some highlights to show the instinctive ball-hawk Lattimore. (Challenge: Try to watch this and not think Josh Norman 2015-2016)

Don't think he falls past Jets. Titans if they don't trade down likely as well, and any team from 2-4 is in play for him. More likely in my eyes for Fournette, Adams or Thomas to fall than Lattimore. Would be thrilled with him though if those 3 are gone.

14 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Roughly between 9:00-9:30 the Carolina Panthers will be on the clock at pick #8 in the 2017 NFL draft.  Though I don't predict much change in the top 7 picks but maybe 1-2 trades of teams going backwards, the site we have come to know and love will officially go on suicide watch.  The reason, will be because with the #8 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers will select Ohio State Cah'nah Marshon Lattimore.  With reason for the Huddle meltdown will be because Fournette will be gone and players that the media has been persuading us to love like McCaffrey will still on the board when we pick.

There is so much that goes into why Lattimore is the best option at pick #8 if we stay and hes there.  Everyone and their mother have Lattimore listed at the #1 Cornerback in draft.  Analysis like BR Matt Miller have Lattimore as a top 10 overall prospect (McCaffrey at #19), Mike Mayock has Lattimore at #6 ahead of McCaffrey at #8, OJ at #9, John Ross #14. 

Watching film on Lattimore I was instantly reminded of how Norman looked in 2015-2016.  Aggressive, instincts, ball-hawking, fluid movement, and coming down in run support.  Lattimore's measurements at the NFL combine are equivalent to watch Gettleman likes in corners.  He's 6'0 193 38.5" Vertical, 132.0" broad jump, and oh he ran a 4.36 in his 40.

Lets also keep in mind that Gettleman thinks beyond his team as well with his picks.  With our division foes fielding wide receivers like Julio Jones, Desean Jackson, Mike Evans, etc. Not to mention a football site just ranked the NFL's top WR corp currently with Falcons #2 (Julio, Sanu, & Gabriel), Tampa #5 (Evans, Jackson, Humphries) and Saints #6 (Thomas, Snead, Ginn) we need help outside of Bradberry on the edges.  Not to mention with our 2017 schedule we also play Packers #1, Patriots #2, Dolphins #8, Lions #17, Eagles #20, and Lions #21 (Panthers currently #27 if you think our corps is better than some listed)  but also once playoffs come and we have to face the Giants #4, Cowgirls #11, and Seahawks #14.

The NFC in a whole is stacked with great wide receiving groups, and with questionable doubt outside of Bradberry.  I think Marshon Lattimore would be the pick here.

Here are some highlights to show the instinctive ball-hawk Lattimore. (Challenge: Try to watch this and not think Josh Norman 2015-2016)

Gettleman's bet?

You are so wrong on so many levels

Wouldn't be mad one bit, you hit on all the correct reasons to draft him. Plus if there is an injury to occur to Worley or even worse Bradberry, we're right back to last years secondary,getting shredded like cheese. Biggest improvement this team can make besides upgrading the ot position(which is assumed to already have been done) is upgrading the 29th(?) pass defense we fielded last year.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived