• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 100 Scariest Movie Moments Of All Time

Mr. Scot

I'd agree on that part. hence why I didn't care about Hostel.

One thing not yet discussed here: Arguments with the rankings.

"Scream" ranked above "Halloween"? Come on! No way should "Halloween" have been left out of the top ten. "Scream" was cool, but ranked way too high on this list :nonod:

Even more wrong, in my opinion: Much as I liked "Alien", ranking it second all time over "The Exorcist", "Psycho", "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and others? I'd have put it about 10th or 11th and moved "Halloween" up there somewhere in the top ten.

Others I feel deserved higher rankings than they got...

- Phantasm

- Rosemary's Baby

- Suspiria

- The Hitcher

- Duel

If you go over to the list of thirty, it's okay. Still, there are only about four movies from that list that I feel should rightly be included in the first list of the top hundred.

- Saw

- Scanners

- Play Misty for Me

- The Grudge

You might be able to talk me into a few others ("Hand that Rocks the Cradle", "Open Water" and "A Clockwork Orange" maybe) but those four are the ones I feel are really the best from list number two.

Omissions? "Fright Night" doesn't appear on either list. Neither does "Session 9" nor "30 days of Night" though that one may not have been made until after these lists were done (I'd have to look up the dates).

Last House On The Left should be way higher, wicked real rape scene.

Complete jokes are Scream at 13 and The Game at 44

I'm really puzzled over Willy Wonka and the Wizard of oz

Watch the video segments on those two and you might see a little of why.

As an adult, I can understand your puzzlement. But in truth, certain elements of those two movies have scared the living crap out of loads of children. And that was even vefore Tim Burton got hold of Willy Wonka.

(likely Todd McFarlane will do the same to The Wizard of Oz)

I've often referred to Willy Wonka as a children's story written by someone who hated kids.

The witch in the Wizard of Oz has probably scared more people than any other character in movie character in history. Probably more than the shark in Jaws. I'm surprised that she wasn't higher.

Think of it this way, the Wizard of Oz is probably among the most watched movies ever, and it's intended for a younger audience, unlike most horror flicks. Kids for generations have been scared of the witch, so I think it's appropriate.

As a young kid in the mid 70's. Jaws rocked my world. I couldn't swim in the ocean for years.

You're not alone. That movie did for the beach industry what "Deliverance" (also on the list) did for the camping industry.

I've thought to myself that someday I'm going to go out to a beach where there are mostly older people and take a boombox with me. At some point while a bunch of people are out in the surf I'm gonna cue up the theme from "Jaws" on full blast.

I'd expect most people's reactions at first to be "ha, very funny".

But then 30 or 40 seconds in watch them start looking over their shoulders :lol:

Archived