• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 100 Scariest Movie Moments Of All Time

Mr. Scot

This program is shown on the Bravo channel every year around this time and is a lot of fun to watch for the scary movie fan. It's especially cool for those movies that you've seen, but it clues you in to some gems you might have missed as well.

Unfortunately for me, I no longer get the Bravo channel where I live now. And likely plenty here don't have it either.

Happily, someone has posted all the video online, as well as the sequel program with thirty more.

100 Scariest Movie Moments: 100-76

100 Scariest Movie Moments: 75-51

100 Scariest Movie Moments: 50-31

100 Scariest Movie Moments: 30-11

100 Scariest Movie Moments: 10-1

30 Even Scarier Movie Moments: 30-16

30 Even Scarier Movie Moments: 15-1

To see the lists of movies, click here and here.

What's going on with Halloween TV programming?

When I was at college, as recently as 3 years ago, the weeks leading up to Halloween, there were dozens of horror movies on TV. Bravo had these scariest movie moments, FX did some of the effects laded thrillers. AMC did horror movie marathons, which was GREAT! I tuned in at 8 for Hellraiser, and watched til midnight when Haloween IV was ending. I did that every night for about two weeks.

Then last year, there was NOTHING! I think I saw one horror movie on TV during the entire month of October, 2008. WTF? Halloween is the time of the year for horror pictures. Were they all censored? Did AMC get complaints? Is the Evangelical right complaining to the networks that celebrate a Satanic holiday? It doesn't matter, I just better damn-well get my fix this year.

p.s. Thanks for the links. I love these programs. My productivity at work today just plummeted

There's no Ghost Hunters Live this year, I am PISSED!

Just turn off all the lights in your house and stair at the wall, Same Thing.

I'll admit i watched the first season and the first Live Special, but Oyeee after that it became repetitive 5 dummies wondering around a dark house listening to it creek.

And that Ghost Hunters Live is Better then Ambien.

Just turn off all the lights in your house and stair at the wall, Same Thing.

I'll admit i watched the first season and the first Live Special, but Oyeee after that it became repetitive 5 dummies wondering around a dark house listening to it creek.

And that Ghost Hunters Live is Better then Ambien.

Please don't remind me that my house isn't haunted, I hate it.

I think they aren't doing it because Grant got caught pulling some shenanigans last year.

I stayed in a haunted house in Colonial Beach, VA. It was Taft's vacation house, and the railing was the same railing from his inauguration speech.

I personally didn't see any of the weird shiz, but I heard about it from at least 6 people who were also staying at the house. The strangest thing I heard that I can't easily explain away was when an antique phone in the master bedroom rang. It was there primarily for decoration, inasmuch as it didn't have a cord and therefore didn't work.

I've never seen a movie that's scared me. Startled me or disturbed me, sure, but not scared.

Where do you mainly watch your movies? At home or in the theaters? I've never been scared by a movie I saw at the house, but there is something inherintly vulnerable about being in a theater that can make movies a little more scary.

But horror movies rarely scare me. To be honest, the last real scare I had was in Signs. When he's talking to the little girl in her room, and then you see out the window there's someone standing on the roof. It was so unexpected, I think that went deeper than just a startle.

Archived