• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam gonna have competition

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Amazing to me in this run-up to the draft how some long-time, licensed Shula critics almost seem to be excited about the coming double-down on Shula Ball.

Been saying that for awhile. Like the same people that bitched about Fox and Shula ball want the exact player that will take us in that direction. I still hold out hope for McCaffrey or Howard. 

6 hours ago, Montsta said:

In the world of high fashion, Christian Loubitan does not need to gift shoes to a relatively obscure athlete for the purpose of brand recognition. 

If it was Ibrahemovic or Messi or Lebron, then maybe, but not Fournette. 

It's not about recognition. It's about status. 

7 hours ago, stbugs said:

That makes no difference. Put up most of the people on the top 100 athletes list and you might get 10% to answer correctly. How many football fans could identify even Carson Palmer correctly? Pretty sure on most award shows with celebrities that few know there names without the added text on the screen. I'd bet that you might get 10% to answer correctly on most athletes outside of the top 10 in each sport. Everyone cal tell you who Odell, Gronk and Tom Brady are. I'd bet that if you lined up AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown and a bunch of others, the recognition would be way lower than just the top handful.

In the US, I'd bet Messi would barely get above 1%. Ronaldo and Beckham might be the only two above 1 out of 100 and they are mega huge outside the US. That said, tons of soccer stars that most people in the world barely recognize outside of the people who watch their teams/their direct competitors.

That said, the NFL draft is around the corner and as I said, it is almost a fashion show, so my point still stands. Yes, a fashion designer would 100% be interested in making sure a top 10 talent in the draft is wearing their stuff. I see no difference between Fournette and some actress who's up for best supporting actress at the Oscars. Heck, he's not even on our team and we're posting about his shoes.

Boy you really are dressing up you're bullshit nice. A list stars get free high fashion not football rookies. 

10 hours ago, J.Cage said:

you really want to discuss this?

like genuinely & sincerely?

Sure, discuss away.

Like Montsta has pointed out already, Fournette is an unknown outside of the serious football world.  The only place he is likely commonly known is the Deep South, and the Deep South is definitely not known for being cutting-edge trailblazers in the world-wide fashion scene.

So, do explain to all of us schlubs how Leonard Fournette being provided free high-fashion shoes raises the status and profile of a world-reknowned designer.

5 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Sure, discuss away.

Like Montsta has pointed out already, Fournette is an unknown outside of the serious football world.  The only place he is likely commonly known is the Deep South, and the Deep South is definitely not known for being cutting-edge trailblazers in the world-wide fashion scene.

So, do explain to all of us schlubs how Leonard Fournette being provided free high-fashion shoes raises the status and profile of a world-reknowned designer.

Cool, it isn't about LV status. It's about the product as a symbol of status, while attempting to appeal to a younger demographic. Not sure if you noticed- it's prom season. These kids aren't spending $100 on a tux a limo. Proposals are a thing and no brand with any business sense is ignoring the trend. But what do I know, it's only my field. Anything else?

10 minutes ago, J.Cage said:

Cool, it isn't about LV status. It's about the product as a symbol of status, while attempting to appeal to a younger demographic. Not sure if you noticed- it's prom season. These kids aren't spending $100 on a tux a limo. Proposals are a thing and no brand with any business sense is ignoring the trend. But what do I know, it's only my field. Anything else?

Yes.

Nothing you said has anything to do with a world reknowned designer supposedly giving shoes to Leonard Fournette to try to encourage kids in high schools from where Leonard Fournette comes from to buy $1000 shoes for prom night.

You may work in a precious ivory tower where things like that are expected to be believed, but in the real world its ridiculous on its face.

Archived