• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fournette or McCaffrey - McCaffrey or Fournette? Not a question.

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, uscgamecocks said:

Teams didn't exactly struggle to stop our offense last year.  I highly doubt adding Fournette by himself would be enough to change that.

Our lack of speed and athleticism is the reason defenses find it pretty easy to stop the Panthers.  Fournette is fast, but unless he becomes a good receiver out of the backfield he's not going to change that equation on passing downs.

They found it easy because our OL was a disaster for various reasons.

25 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

Undoubtedly a factor.

Having the slowest and least athletic WR corps in the league isn't doing the line any favors, particularly in obvious passing situations.

Nothing about Ginn is slow though and he was a starter

6 hours ago, uscgamecocks said:

Fournette is fast, but unless he becomes a good receiver out of the backfield he's not going to change that equation on passing downs.

Fournettes hands looked as good if not better than the WRs that accompanied him to his pro day.the kid caught everyting and i mean literally everything thrown his way.

the kid is a 3 down complete back

16 hours ago, Jaxel said:

I think most Panther fans understand this and are posting under the assumption that Fournette will not be there. A QB run in the top 10 could change that... Certainly.

2-3 QBs are going to be gone in top 15

-which means Fournette to Panthers at 8

-Better question is who will get moving up back into the 1st using the two 2nd round picks. OJ Howard or McCaffrey

Fournette | %22Heisman Pose%22.png

OJ Howard | %22Touchdown%22.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 11.22.20 PM.png

Jordan Leggett.png

3 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

2-3 QBs are going to be gone in top 15

-which means Fournette to Panthers at 8

-Better question is who will get moving up back into the 1st using the two 2nd round picks. OJ Howard or McCaffrey

Fournette | %22Heisman Pose%22.png

OJ Howard | %22Touchdown%22.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 11.22.20 PM.png

Jordan Leggett.png

Corey Davis

I like Fournette but trading 1 2nd and our first is the only way I would want him. I wouldn't trade both 2nds and my 1st. There's more holes to fill. I think we can ride Stew 1 more season and get Adams if he is there or Howard or a lockdown CB or a DE and get a RB in the 2nd. 

I like Fournette but trading 1 2nd and our first is the only way I would want him. I wouldn't trade both 2nds and my 1st. There's more holes to fill. I think we can ride Stew 1 more season and get Adams if he is there or Howard or a lockdown CB or a DE and get a RB in the 2nd. 

Yea, looks line he's going to the Jaguars

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Fournette might be the better pure RB but McCaffrey is the better player.

The panthers already have JStew. They don't need Fournette.

They do need a receiving RB who also can play alongside JStew and motion from the backfield to the slot and line up as a WR.

If they are choosing between those 2 players, I would prefer McCaffrey. Personally, I hope Jamal Adams is their at 8.

22 hours ago, bandu said:

Fournettes hands looked as good if not better than the WRs that accompanied him to his pro day.the kid caught everyting and i mean literally everything thrown his way.

the kid is a 3 down complete back

Dave said his hands was underrated

Archived