• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fournette or McCaffrey - McCaffrey or Fournette? Not a question.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, panther4life said:

And Tom Brady was picked 199th! Its an argument that does not hold weight. 

You are playing the odds here. Even Gettleman admitted it becomes a crap shoot after round 3 to a degree. Said something to the effect that you are trying to find out why guys in 1-3 can't succeed. Vs 4-7 where you are just looking for a reason for optimism on why they can make it.

Shut. the fug up. with that Brady was picked 199th bullshit that doenst even apply to this.

We have the best interior offensive line in football because of an UDFA and pick #92 (Norwell, Turner)

We're a season removed from 15-1

And even last season we were in position to beat the Raiders and Chiefs, playoff teams. Against the Chiefs Shula called a 20 play drive, Matt Kalil and Ryan Kalil on the line wouldn't have allowed two straight sacks to end the drive with no points.

So all 8 picks we have + possible impact UDA Gettleman will find are all going to make this squad that's a season removed from 15-1 really ? I don't think so, and I think adding an elite back to this offense evolves us.

1 minute ago, Fournettecation said:

Shut. the fug up. with that Brady was picked 199th bullshit that doenst even apply to this.

We have the best interior offensive line in football because of an UDFA and pick #92 (Norwell, Turner)

Ok man. You already shamed yourself enough into having to create this alt. I'm not going to argue with you. All I have said is that i'd rather package picks outside of the top 100 to get more inside of it. You disagree with that apparently. 

Gentleman does not disagree and has done exactly what I suggested in the last 3 drafts.

This should be all you need to know:

"Sources close to the situation assure me that Fournette is far and away the top choice at running back, and indeed above most other prospects at any position. In short, the Panthers are hot for Fournette"

Remember about a full month ago that Bill Voth also stated the same thing. I happen to think Fournette will still be there for us @8 and there will be no need to trade up.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

If he makes it past Jacksonville then I think he's there at 8. If he'd had a blow your socks off combine, I don't think he would be let's be honest, he didn't have an ADP combine. He's a great RB, but Cleveland's not going to take him and neither is SF. After that, the Bears, Titans and Chargers all aren't taking RBs. Honestly, it's Jax and NYJ, who's got far more pressing needs.

I think teams are trying to bait us a bit with the talk of Fournette and it seems like DG has held his ground knowing he'd be giving up some really solid players to move up. The bulk of our visits has been guys who fall in the late first through 64. Far more probable to me that we use our extra 3rd and later picks to move 40 or 64 up.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Right. DG is no sucker, he knows teams are trying to bait him into think they will take Fournette.

3 hours ago, Fournettecation said:

Just fugin think about Fournette, Cam and Stewart in the offense. Stop that. Then oh yeah you gotta stop KB, Funch, and Olsen too. Teams will be so focused stopping the run AND STILL not succeeding like in 2011 that the pass game will open up so much Cam will throw for 4,000 again

Teams didn't exactly struggle to stop our offense last year.  I highly doubt adding Fournette by himself would be enough to change that.

Our lack of speed and athleticism is the reason defenses find it pretty easy to stop the Panthers.  Fournette is fast, but unless he becomes a good receiver out of the backfield he's not going to change that equation on passing downs.

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Right. DG is no sucker, he knows teams are trying to bait him into think they will take Fournette.

I really hope this is the case.  And from listening to his press conference yesterday, it seemed like he wasn't overly eager to trade up.

I'd be disappointed with the Fournette pick personally but I could understand it.  But trading up in the first to get Fournette would greatly raise the stakes on that pick.  I'm not sure that's best for LF or for the team.

I think it's very likely he falls to 8.  If we're going to draft him, just stay put and get him there. 

LF would make us a better team.  But there are very few RBs in the NFL that change a team's fortunes.  Play the odds and get him at #8 if you want him.  Most of the teams ahead of us are not going to even consider picking a RB.

15 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

I really hope this is the case.  And from listening to his press conference yesterday, it seemed like he wasn't overly eager to trade up.

I'd be disappointed with the Fournette pick personally but I could understand it.  But trading up in the first to get Fournette would greatly raise the stakes on that pick.  I'm not sure that's best for LF or for the team.

I think it's very likely he falls to 8.  If we're going to draft him, just stay put and get him there. 

LF would make us a better team.  But there are very few RBs in the NFL that change a team's fortunes.  Play the odds and get him at #8 if you want him.  Most of the teams ahead of us are not going to even consider picking a RB.

Yeah I also got the feeling that DG is not eager to trade up. He said that it would take a 2nd or 3rd to move up from 8 and mentioned many times that he's excited about having 4 picks in 1st 98.

I believe DG has 1) Garrett 2) Thomas 3) Fournette  4) Adams - these are the premier talents

Everyone else (OJ Howard, McCaffrey, Barnett, Njoku) falls in the 2nd level of players.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

If he makes it past Jacksonville then I think he's there at 8. If he'd had a blow your socks off combine, I don't think he would be let's be honest, he didn't have an ADP combine. He's a great RB, but Cleveland's not going to take him and neither is SF. After that, the Bears, Titans and Chargers all aren't taking RBs. Honestly, it's Jax and NYJ, who's got far more pressing needs.

I think teams are trying to bait us a bit with the talk of Fournette and it seems like DG has held his ground knowing he'd be giving up some really solid players to move up. The bulk of our visits has been guys who fall in the late first through 64. Far more probable to me that we use our extra 3rd and later picks to move 40 or 64 up.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

The Bengals have more pressing needs as well.

Archived