• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have seen the future, and it is well with my soul

Jeremy Igo

Woke up last night in a cold sweat. Confused and craving waffles, I reached for my pen and pad and scribbled down the visions that were given to me. I know not where these visions came from. I merely present them to you here, a humble messenger.

The Carolina Panthers trade the 8th pick for the Cleveland Browns 12th and 52nd. This is a steep price to pay for Cleveland, but they will want to move up and grab a QB, and they still will have the first pick in the second round. 

This move assures the Panthers will still get a tier 2 choice in round 1 like McCaffrey or Howard. This would also give the Panthers 3 selections in round 2. In this year's draft, that is pretty incredible. 

This, of course, is assuming all tier 1 prospects like Fournette, Adams, Lattimore, etc are all off the board. 

I'm fine with it as long as we get at least one of those guys. I suppose Barnett would be a good consolidation if they get gone before our pick. The CM hype train is real. I think it's a risk trading back but that's the draft. I just really really want some real 1st round talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

51 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Woke up last night in a cold sweat. Confused and craving waffles, I reached for my pen and pad and scribbled down the visions that were given to me. I know not where these visions came from. I merely present them to you here, a humble messenger.

The Carolina Panthers trade the 8th pick for the Cleveland Browns 12th and 52nd. This is a steep price to pay for Cleveland, but they will want to move up and grab a QB, and they still will have the first pick in the second round. 

This move assures the Panthers will still get a tier 2 choice in round 1 like McCaffrey or Howard. This would also give the Panthers 3 selections in round 2. In this year's draft, that is pretty incredible. 

This, of course, is assuming all tier 1 prospects like Fournette, Adams, Lattimore, etc are all off the board. 

I've had this mocked for.a couple weeks now.

Not quite as steep as it may seem.

Browns Got that pick via a trade last year. Tenn Traded that pick plus a 3rd to the Browns for their #8 spot plus a 6th rounder moving up from the 15 spot.

now that is a 3 spot difference and by the pick value chart is a bit different in point value.  But they traded up for a OT.  Browns will be trading up for their franchise QB.  QBs always skew the scale just due the position of importance.  

If Mitch, the same guy people have been making rumors they like as a possibility at #1,falls to 8.

getting that #52 shouldn't be a problem at all and would actually be looking getting more

6 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Long as we are assured either OJ Howard or McCaffrey!

I just don't see where they'd go between 8 and 12.  Every other team in there has way bigger pressing needs or no need for those 2

Archived