• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And then there is this....

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Who says? You? Mel? 

There's no denying this kid has talent but our system isn't designed for him.

Fozzy had 57 carries for 265 yards and 25 catches for 226 yards. 82 touches for 491 yards. Almost 6 yards per touch. Stew had 884 yards on 226 touches. Under 4 yards per touch.

What if a better version of Fozzy actually is the RB that best fits our system?

The question remains though... can Shula truly employ McCaffrey to his true potential consistently? I have severe doubts. I actually like McCaffrey quite a bit but if we had a different OC.

Lol, no.

If the Panthers could ever execute a screen pass properly I would be more optimistic.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Lol, no.

If the Panthers could ever execute a screen pass properly I would be more optimistic.

I like McCaffney as a RB.  He can be a beast for a team used right.

But yeah, he doesn't fit what we do with Shula here nor does Cam's game really play to a back like him.    I can't figure out if our screen passes suck just by design (they do) or if Cam aids it by being horrible at the short game.

I still endorse us trading down if at all possible.

27 minutes ago, SOJA said:

You don't not take a prospect bc your OC sucks. Shula might not be here past next season, McCaffrey will 

Kinda what I was thinking. I get the feeling that Gettleman would've preferred a change at OC and Rivera stuck with his guy. If that's true, I can't see Gettleman drafting players to best fit Shula's system.

I've always felt that good coaches can succeed when given players that fit their system, but great coaches can fit their system to suit their players.

Unless we trade down there's no way he's the best player available. How lazy can the "experts" be..Not saying McCaffrey is a bad player but honestly unless we are overhauling the offense in its entirety he doesn't fit. We threw to RBs the least of any team in the NFL. Dead last, ranked 32nd in percentage of throws to a RB. Also Makes sense to take a slot receiver at 8 lol

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I just cannot get myself to accept CM in the top 8. The only RB's worth top 8 picks are ones who you think is a generational talent, and even then you can argue it isn't worth it. And CM is by no means a generational talent. These phrases like "utlity" and "do it all" are cute, but you just do not take a utility player in the top 8. It would be a wasted pick, ESPECIALLY since we still have Shula.

2 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Dude, you're the last person to talk lol

Go back to your irrational Gettleman bashing. Your knowledge game would 0 on Madden, numb skull.

Not even sure what that means and "numb skull"? God you're pathetic. The saddest part is that you think you're clever when you're typing these things. 

I can't even imagine how big of a loser you are in real life.

44 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I just cannot get myself to accept CM in the top 8. The only RB's worth top 8 picks are ones who you think is a generational talent, and even then you can argue it isn't worth it. And CM is by no means a generational talent. These phrases like "utlity" and "do it all" are cute, but you just do not take a utility player in the top 8. It would be a wasted pick, ESPECIALLY since we still have Shula.

How weird is it that this utility player out rushed the generational talent Fournette each of the last 2 years.

Archived