• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remakes, remakes...everywhere

Mr. Scot

An American Werewolf in London....Bad idea. they will make it a horror movie and its a comedy at heart

Angel Heart...I love the first movie. another bad idea

Arthur.....who could ever do a better job than Liza? j/k :D

Bride of Frankenstein...Mr.Scott they already did Frankenstein w/ De Niro as the Monster, I know it was very forgettable.

Conan the Barbarian....better idea to just do a third with Dewayne Johnson

Escape from New York....I'd rather have the middle story Escape from Cleveland which was mentioned a couple times in Escape from LA

The Rocky Horror Picture Show....you can never ever make a movie with a more perfect cast or any more campy than the original, so why even try?

I think Predator has some potential....It was definetely badass back in the day w/ Arnold.

Here are two movies that MUST BE redone.....Roadhouse and Commando

The first time that I ever saw Roadhouse, I really could not believe it. A bouncer w/ a PHD in freakin philosophy takes over the bar scene in a seedy bar in the middle of nowhere. I mean, if they come out with some bad movies now, this one would be a classic!!! The only way to make it a classic is to have someone with fighting skills of Kimbo Slice and the dancing and grace of Michael Jackson.

Commando is another one. I don't understand if they were just trying to make the movie serious or just really cheesy. I believe that the Rock would be perfect for that role!!!

Share your opinions, I would like to know.....

Cool site. Learned even more stuff from there...

Remakes:

Apparently Rob Zombie is the guy remaking "the Blob" so you could already assume it's going to be crap. but then I read he wants to make the movie without a "red, blobby thing". So what the heck is The Blob supposed to be then? :mad:

Rose McGowan is apparently not only Barbarella, but also Red Sonja.

"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" will be directed by Guillermo Del Toro and star Katie Holmes.

"The Wizard of Oz" is being remade again, this time with Todd McFarlane's vision (this has the potential to be even worse than the Sci-Fi Channel's "Tin Man")

There's a "Bad Lieutenant" remake with Nicholas Cage in the Harvey Keitel role.

Also a remake of "True Grit" with the John Wayne part played by Jeff Bridges :sosp:

Darren Arnovsky is behind the Suspiria remake, possibly with Natalie Portman starring.

Look for a new version of "Masters of the Universe" somewhere down the road (no Dolph Lungren this time). Someone apparently also thought the world was hungry for a remake of "Judge Dredd".

And how about this: David Cronenberg's remake of the fly is being remade, by David Cronenberg :confused:

Sequels:

They're doing a sequel to "The Descent". It's a movie I liked, but the plot apparently is that the girl from the first one actually does finally escape the cavern, but then for some reason has to go back in (huh?) :confused:

Apparently someone thought it was time for "Bad Boys 3". Also for "Silent Hill 2". There will be a sequel to J J Abrams reimagined "Star Trek" and another "Spy Kids" sequel (are they even kids anymore?).

There's also going to be a fourth Pirates of the Carribean, a fifth Indiana Jones movie (oh, great) as well as a fifth "Rambo" movie, but apparently in this one John Rambo's in the jungle hunting...genetically engineered super soldiers (What the?!) :confused:

There's talk of "rebooting" the Fantastic Four movies.

"Wall Street 2" starring Shia LeBouff (yes, I'm serious)

Coming soon: Saw VI (the original was great, but come on)

And do we really need another Beavis and Butt Head movie? :nonod:

Adaptations:

A Green Hornet movie starring Seth Rogen? Come on :mad:

Jessic Biel is joining the A-Team movie, and it looks like Rampage Jackson will indeed be playing B A Baracus. Liam Neeson will be Hannibal (an Irish Hannibal?)

Although Zac Efron turned down the chance to star in the "Footloose" remake, he reportedly is joining a live action version of Johnny Quest, alongside Dwayne"The Rock" Johnson (Race Bannon?)

There's a movie called "The Fourth Kind" about alien abductions (no relation to the Spielberg classic).

Aaaand the character of Venom will apparently be resurrected and spun off from Spider man (regardless of how lame the movie version actually was).

Cool site. Learned even more stuff from there...

Remakes:

Apparently Rob Zombie is the guy remaking "the Blob" so you could already assume it's going to be crap. but then I read he wants to make the movie without a "red, blobby thing". So what the heck is The Blob supposed to be then? :mad:

Rose McGowan is apparently not only Barbarella, but also Red Sonja.

"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" will be directed by Guillermo Del Toro and star Katie Holmes.

"The Wizard of Oz" is being remade again, this time with Todd McFarlane's vision (this has the potential to be even worse than the Sci-Fi Channel's "Tin Man")

There's a "Bad Lieutenant" remake with Nicholas Cage in the Harvey Keitel role.

Also a remake of "True Grit" with the John Wayne part played by Jeff Bridges :sosp:

Darren Arnovsky is behind the Suspiria remake, possibly with Natalie Portman starring.

Look for a new version of "Masters of the Universe" somewhere down the road (no Dolph Lungren this time). Someone apparently also thought the world was hungry for a remake of "Judge Dredd".

And how about this: David Cronenberg's remake of the fly is being remade, by David Cronenberg :confused:

Sequels:

They're doing a sequel to "The Descent". It's a movie I liked, but the plot apparently is that the girl from the first one actually does finally escape the cavern, but then for some reason has to go back in (huh?) :confused:

Apparently someone thought it was time for "Bad Boys 3". Also for "Silent Hill 2". There will be a sequel to J J Abrams reimagined "Star Trek" and another "Spy Kids" sequel (are they even kids anymore?).

There's also going to be a fourth Pirates of the Carribean, a fifth Indiana Jones movie (oh, great) as well as a fifth "Rambo" movie, but apparently in this one John Rambo's in the jungle hunting...genetically engineered super soldiers (What the?!) :confused:

There's talk of "rebooting" the Fantastic Four movies.

"Wall Street 2" starring Shia LeBouff (yes, I'm serious)

Coming soon: Saw VI (the original was great, but come on)

And do we really need another Beavis and Butt Head movie? :nonod:

Adaptations:

A Green Hornet movie starring Seth Rogen? Come on :mad:

Jessic Biel is joining the A-Team movie, and it looks like Rampage Jackson will indeed be playing B A Baracus. Liam Neeson will be Hannibal (an Irish Hannibal?)

Although Zac Efron turned down the chance to star in the "Footloose" remake, he reportedly is joining a live action version of Johnny Quest, alongside Dwayne"The Rock" Johnson (Race Bannon?)

There's a movie called "The Fourth Kind" about alien abductions (no relation to the Spielberg classic).

Aaaand the character of Venom will apparently be resurrected and spun off from Spider man (regardless of how lame the movie version actually was).

From what i have heard they wont the Fantasitc Four to be darker..like the batman franchice..but if i remember rite Fantiastic Four was always a light hearted comic..but it still sucked IMO

the saw movies have become to complicated for me.lol

More Ghostrider..also a reboot of Spawn.

Another Reboot to Superman

I want to see another Candyman

Trailer for the new "Nightmare on Elm Street" can be seen here: (link)

Comes from "Transformers" chief Michael Bay, who seems to really like remaking old horror movies.

He's produced the new versions of:

- Friday the 13th

- The Hitcher

- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

- Parts: The Clonus Horror (The Island)

- The Amityville Horror

- the Birds (upcoming)

Definitely a different overall look from the original. Opinions?

Trailer for the new "Nightmare on Elm Street" can be seen here: (link)

Comes from "Transformers" chief Michael Bay, who seems to really like remaking old horror movies.

He's produced the new versions of:

- Friday the 13th

- The Hitcher

- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

- Parts: The Clonus Horror (The Island)

- The Amityville Horror

Definitely a different overall look from the original. Opinions?

I dont like movies like that because theres no real story to them.You know in the end everyone dies and no matter what the villain cant die.so whats the point

The appeal of Sin City to guys is fairly easy to figure guys (sex, violence, the basics) :lol:

Some cool trailers here by the way:

- The Book of Eli (link)

Looks pretty cool

- Soloman Kane (link)

From the old comic book

- Antichrist (link)

Weeeeird, creepy looking stuff

- Black Dynamite (link)

Harkens back to the old blaxploitation movies

- Transylmania (link)

Could be pretty funny, or might be stupid.

- Trick 'r Treat (link)

On DVD; looks like a cool horror anthology; haven't seen one of those for a while

Apparently Rob Zombie is the guy remaking "the Blob" so you could already assume it's going to be crap. but then I read he wants to make the movie without a "red, blobby thing". So what the heck is The Blob supposed to be then

Zombie is good,

House of 1000 corpses was interesting until the end

Devils Rejects was solid

I thought the Halloween remake was good, I like some of his directing and filming style its reminiscent of old style horror movies, IMO if anyone else remade Halloween it would have came off truly hacky

Archived