• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Half you guys are crazy

cartier600

Maybe its the "half" that think Peppers is an elite DE that are the crazy ones, and not the half that are crazy cause we think he sucks.

This franchise needs to move on!!! I do not know how anybody can defend Peppers after that horrible performance Monday night - regardless on how the rest of the team played. He was unable to contain any RB, was out of position and thought they were playing two hand touch. Regardless of whether or not one wants to be a Peppers defender - saying he wasnt bad Monday night takes away all credibility.

... and whats gonna happen is Pep will come out one game and have monster stats and all the lovers will come with "see... told ya" That will happen eventually cause Pep will finally get his head out his ass once in awhile to at least put on the appearance he is dominant so some team will throw a but load of money at him. And that team better not be the Panthers - its time to move on.

I listened to John Boy and Billy this morn. They had their NFL spokesperson who is on the show most Thursdays taking his pics of the week. He came this morn just to discuss the Panther/Cowboy game. He said it was all he could do to watch, lots of mistakes on our part in every aspect. His prediction is that if something major does not happen this season there will many heads roll at the end of it. John Boy and Billy all agreeing with what this guy was saying this morn also. You may be able to go to their website and pick it all up there, I haven't tried.

I am not on the bandwagon of getting rid of anyone, I want to love them all. I hope what is wrong is just injuries, new players, ect. Hopefully, it will all come together next game. I will never give up on my team.

I'm a fan like you all hell I live in NYC, never been to south,but I go stream hunting online every sunday to watch the panthers games can say this I watched the Dallas game 3 times, and I'm starting to wonder did we all see the same game? I'm no newbie been here through name changes, and a couple of server crashes.

Cool story.

I watched Peppers the whole game, and I swear he wasn't as bad as some of you guys make him out to be.Especially you Friz,some of you will never get over the million dollars, so he will never do enough outside of 3 sacks,2 ff, and a TD every game you know what's that's fine. I don't think he's worth a million, but I'm not paying him

He was that bad, everyone saw it, you're one of the very few that have said he wasn't bad. He ran straight upfield on about half the downs he was in on and ended up way behind Romo. Also, it isn't the fact that he makes $1 million per game. What matters is that it completely hindered us in the off-season from improving in the least. We returned 21 of 22 starters on a team that was 12-4 because we squeaked out a few close games that could have gone either way. Our biggest weakness (DT) wasn't addressed in large because Peppers carried such a huge cap number. Not everyone is expecting 3 sacks, 2 ff, and a TD every game nor has anyone ever fuging said that. To say that we're all expecting that isn't just moronic, it's redundant because it simply isn't true. I would even say that most people here wouldn't expect a sack each game. I would be happy if he ended the season with 6 sacks but generated CONSISTENT pressure and did his part in containing the run game.

Some of you truely understand that this is a team game. I've had the pleasure of being around some NFL guys( my friend is Kareem McKenzies cousin) so I understand some football concepts. The scheme the panthers are running isn't suited for them period.. We have one DE that can be stop by using a 3 step drop(which romo used a lot) You can use 2 guys (which dallas used on pep how the hell do u think Johnson, got free on a couple of plays)...etc hell dallas didn't do many plays to peps side til after the half.

So because you know somebody who knows an NFL player and you've been in the same room as them, you understand football concepts? We all have a knowledge of football concepts, and we're seeing the situation completely different than you. And you say that Peppers can be stopped with a 3 step drop, so it isn't his fault he wasn't doing much. That is fuging stupid. A great player can adjust and still make a difference. Peppers didn't do that. Also, you mention that until the half Dallas didn't target Pepper's side. Well super! But when they did, they consistently got good chunks of yardage. So what the fug does it matter what half they did it in?

I see people say hey look T.Davis & Beason are the only ones playing with heart.. Gimme a break, not to bust anyones bubble but Davis stat's are a product of the system not so much the player, traditional most LB that play his side do will stat wise in the Cover 2 and tackling the TE after 6-7 yard gains with screaming and yelling doesn't prove you have heart. I'm not bashing Beason,Davis nor am I a pep defender, I'm watching and being objective. I see some say look at the run that jones had when pep tried to grab him and whiff'd he dropped back in coverage to cover the TE, hell Grudan or Jaws said it on the replay, and the other play.. He lost containment yes he did, and how does a DE lost containment? Being over aggressive after the QB? So how can pep not be playing hard? We all are viewing through different eyes

If you don't think Davis and Beason are playing with more heart than the rest of the defense you haven't been paying attention. That simply isn't true. Also, on the fact that Davis is a product of the system... While that may be partially responsible for his sharp increase in tackles per game, he is playing great this year and that is more responsible than the scheme. You aren't a Peppers defender? I'm confused as to what this thread is about then... He didn't lose containment by going full speed, he did that by taking a shitty angle and exerting shitty effort. That was obvious.

In short honestly we have some good players,but the system is all wrong.. I agree with the (how to fix defense)post its so spot on.But I'm no fan of this cover 2 base.Every defense that's top 5 in the nfl is a attacking defense with good corners and safety play.Many will disagree and say I'm a peppers homer, and call me names which is fine

But I'm just typing what I have seen. This defense in the right hands can be very very good, right now this isn't a good team..

I agree that the system is wrong, but it wouldn't look so terrible if we got consistent pressure up front. Peppers could help tremendously in that area, he just doesn't.

Ps. Its a new system it will take at least a year for these guys to get use to it, but in a year this ship will be sunk. And the offense is finished unless the panthers get a QB and a real number 2 or 1a.. Which I remember post after post of people saying no to.. All we need is steve smith, we run first any way..

Hmmm this going to be along year y'all

Agree about the offense.

Good post, sorry it got hijacked by tards trying to be clever. Sad really - instead of replying to your post they have to on about something stupid.

I don't know if I agree with what you say on Peppers, or the scheme. The 'fans' here have the shortest memories in the world. A 12-4 record is never to be brought up because of a horrible playoff game...or a first half with Dallas where we had their friggin fans booing them out of their own stadium is not talked about because of a flat 2nd half.

The 'fans' here dont do any critical thinking. Gee...maybe, just f*cking MAYBE the defense was bad in the second half because >gasp< the offense couldnt convert and the Def was tired?? nawww, lets fire meeks, fox, peppers, hurney and bring in Campbell to save the day.

On the radio the announcer said Carolina Fans were 'fair weathered'. I got mad thinking about that than I come here to the boards and all I see are the tards saying who we should fire. Guess the fair weather fans are here too.

Ummm.....So when Pep was getting man handled by Backup tackles,TE's and RB's and getting taken out of play time after time it wasn't his fault? Over pursuing and blowing containment, letting the Running Backs Run up and down all over his side wasn't his fault? O.k. I believe you :(

Good post, sorry it got hijacked by tards trying to be clever. Sad really - instead of replying to your post they have to on about something stupid.

The 'fans' here dont do any critical thinking. Gee...maybe, just f*cking MAYBE the defense was bad in the second half because >gasp< the offense couldnt convert and the Def was tired?? nawww, lets fire meeks, fox, peppers, hurney and bring in Campbell to save the day.

On the radio the announcer said Carolina Fans were 'fair weathered'. I got mad thinking about that than I come here to the boards and all I see are the tards saying who we should fire. Guess the fair weather fans are here too.

Attacking fans? That's what you came here to do? Peppers got his money and is pouting that nobody wanted him. So you wear your Panther blue colored glasses and go ahead and call us what you will. But I see passionate fans that are pissed about a team that did nothing in the offseason to get better and a coaching staff that does nothing to adjust to the team they are playing. And a HC that is burned out and needs to move on.

Archived