• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

do you think we will make some trades before the deadline?

hank pimple butt

after watching the mnf game, i realized (actually a few weeks ago) we desperately need some speed from our DEs, and really need some DT help. we are never gonna be able to stop mobile QBs w/o another pass rusher to compliment pep. and if we don't get some good dt help, you can get use to watching opposing teams carve us up for 200 rushing yards a game. we have such a great LB core, but no d-line help! so my question is who can we trade before week 6 to salvage the season?

after watching the mnf game, i realized (actually a few weeks ago) we desperately need some speed from our DEs, and really need some DT help. we are never gonna be able to stop mobile QBs w/o another pass rusher to compliment pep. and if we don't get some good dt help, you can get use to watching opposing teams carve us up for 200 rushing yards a game. we have such a great LB core, but no d-line help! so my question is who can we trade before week 6 to salvage the season?

I would love it, but I know it isnt gonna happen, if they shipped Peppers out of here. Like I said this wont happen cause nobody is going to trade for him with out a deal prearranged in place, Pep wont sign on I am sure unless its to one of his "favorite four", and Fox/Hurney wont admit their mistake.

I would love it, but I know it isnt gonna happen, if they shipped Peppers out of here. Like I said this wont happen cause nobody is going to trade for him with out a deal prearranged in place, Pep wont sign on I am sure unless its to one of his "favorite four", and Fox/Hurney wont admit their mistake.

With how the Boys played last night on D they might be willing to part with a 1st for Pep. Please I want him gone. This season is gone let Brown start the rest of the year and get some reps.

Been said many times that Peppers cannot be traded as the franchise player.

On topic, I doubt we make any move. So help me God if Hurney starts trading away more draft picks for some mediocre DT I will be effing pissed. Unless he plans on wasting said pick on a player like Martin, then I don't give a poo.

Funny I thought a certain Matt Cassell was franchised then traded, last year so was Correy Williams of the packers.

Been said many times that Peppers cannot be traded as the franchise player.

On topic, I doubt we make any move. So help me God if Hurney starts trading away more draft picks for some mediocre DT I will be effing pissed. Unless he plans on wasting said pick on a player like Martin, then I don't give a poo.

From what I understand is a team CAN trade a franchise player. The issue is no team can work out a long term deal. Here is a link from an article when the Bears were trying to trade a franchises Briggs to San Fran. The deal never happened cause San Fran wanted to be allowed to negotiate a long term deal first and the league said no - so San Fran pulled out on the deal.

So you can trade for a franchise player you are just taking on the risk of having to sign that player in the offseason, hence why its not done and why nobody will take Peppers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-tradingrules120607&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

From what I understand is a team CAN trade a franchise player. The issue is no team can work out a long term deal. Here is a link from an article when the Bears were trying to trade a franchises Briggs to San Fran. The deal never happened cause San Fran wanted to be allowed to negotiate a long term deal first and the league said no - so San Fran pulled out on the deal.

So you can trade for a franchise player you are just taking on the risk of having to sign that player in the offseason, hence why its not done and why nobody will take Peppers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-tradingrules120607&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Correct. He can be traded, but only with his current deal in place.

Now, the trick is to find a team that's willing to give up something significant for a 29 year old DE on a one-year budget busting contract whose play has been considered by some to be less than stellar.

Make that trade work, and you are a virtual king of all you survey.

Archived