• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Barnett and other visiting Carolina Panthers....

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, davos said:

Meh, I'd disagree.  Solid bend but a round 2-4 type relative to past drafts in that regard.  Matt Judon like in my opinion.

I think he'd be great here though but just don't understand some of his hype. 

The one of the most productive DE in SEC history to come out in years is a 2nd to 4th round prospect?? Really??

5 hours ago, davos said:

Think somewhere between a Judon and Preston Smith.  I'd love it here but there's some easing necessary.  

Could some of you take the time and actually watch these and then make a opinion..

A couple of things to notice..

1. The hand fighting ability.. How he is able to knock a OT hands from grabbing him easily..

2. His ability to guess the snap count .. His get off when pair with studying the offenses tendicies almost leaves him to fast to even get a hand on..

3. Destroying TE's and RB backs trying to chip him easily..

4. Bend = his ability to get lower then the blockers pad level while going around them.. Giving him leverage and momentum when meeting the QB at the top of his drop..

5. Last and the best part about him is his all out effort on every play.. He has a great motor you don't have to motivate him to play every down.. And he will chase plays even when they are designed to aviod him..

12 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Could some of you take the time and actually watch these and then make a opinion..

A couple of things to notice..

1. The hand fighting ability.. How he is able to knock a OT hands from grabbing him easily..

2. His ability to guess the snap count .. His get off when pair with studying the offenses tendicies almost leaves him to fast to even get a hand on..

3. Destroying TE's and RB backs trying to chip him easily..

4. Bend = his ability to get lower then the blockers pad level while going around them.. Giving him leverage and momentum when meeting the QB at the top of his drop..

5. Last and the best part about him is his all out effort on every play.. He has a great motor you don't have to motivate him to play every down.. And he will chase plays even when they are designed to aviod him..

Obviously we're on the same page and know this could be an all time great front 7 and a 24/25 year old Barnett at the end of a rookie deal can be a 15+ sack a year guy, but to add to #5, watch these videos of every play, and you can see it.  Anyone can bring it in a highlight video, he brings it every down.  The first video by the way, the guy has us taking him at 8.

Man, I just watched this kid and I must say, he excites me more than Thomas or Garrett at-least to when it comes to rushing the passer. The way he gets low while keeping his speed is just sick. I see a potential 11+ sack guy for multiple years

3 minutes ago, beastson said:

Man, I just watched this kid and I must say, he excites me more than Thomas or Garrett at-least to when it comes to rushing the passer. The way he gets low while keeping his speed is just sick. I see a potential 11+ sack guy for multiple years

Shhhh gotta keep the secret for one more week.

2 hours ago, beastson said:

I really like Derek Barnett for a while and I do think he can really rush the passer despite what others may think. He plays better in game than in comparison to what his numbers say. The question is how much does the Panthers like him to take him at 8? 

9 hours ago, Bj-Monster23 said:

I really like Derek Barnett for a while and I do think he can really rush the passer despite what others may think. He plays better in game than in comparison to what his numbers say. The question is how much does the Panthers like him to take him at 8? 

I think the odds good if several players aren't there at 8 and really good if we trade back, we really should take him and them maybe a WR like Samuel

Archived