• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Barnett and other visiting Carolina Panthers....

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Josh Jones tape is, well, horrible. He's definitely a project, but won't be a starter off the bat for sure.

Tabor has good ball skills, and his combine and pro day doesn't show his true speed. Real possibility we grab him later as a huge steal. Would fit our system nicely.

Derek Barnett. What can I tell you. His tape shows a lot more unblocked sacks than not. Not twitchy or monstrous.

Lol whatever.. 

Barnett tape shows 3 years of being the most dominate pass rusher in the hardest conference in the country..

5 minutes ago, Nails said:

I didn't think CBS had it in them, but they brought the logic in layman's terms yesterday.  

IMG_1089.PNG

It only makes sense, Nails.  While I see us taking the kid from Ohio, Tarrell Basham, (sp?) but that could be because everyone is screaming first round RB.  Here is what I know---

1. Pass--rushing DEs are hard to find.  Nearly as rare as QBs. 

2. Oher is questionable.  So is Kalil if we are honest. The draft offers no help at T past the second round.

3. RBs are deep in this draft-so is DB.

So why  not fish when the fishing is good?  Peppers, CJ, and Addison are situational players--all of them.  Peppers and maybe CJ will be gone next year and rookie DEs take a bit of time.  You go after the DE.

If you have a second rounder, you take an OT.  That is your second most vulnerable position, IMO.

I also think TE is a vulnerable position.  Imagine Olsen getting injured.  I can't. 

Nice. These are all intriguing names.

I really thought the Panthers were going to rest on their laurels and really give Worley a chance to prove that he's the answer opposite Bradberry but we're showing a lot of interest in CBs. Now I'm not so sure that's the plan. I'm all for it. Competition is a good thing and as it sits right now, we have virtually no depth at all behind our top three CBs.

Archived