• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sports illustrated Cover

Jeremy Igo

56 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Trading up in the 2nd or 3rd round is much different than trading up or back into the first.  The cost is much, MUCH greater than the lower rounds.

We are not going to trade next years 1st and the majority of our 2017 picks from one player.  Especially in this deep of a draft. 

we wouldn't nor should we have to give the 49ers a vast majority of our 2017 picks.

Stewart and Fournette with Cam as a running threat?!? Whaaaaaaaaa?!?

All he has to do is split carries with Stew not carry the load. Cam hands the ball off more to another scorer.

As Rivera said "there's no pick too high" for a RB this year. Garrett and Fournette were identified early as the top two players in this draft and as we draw closer the smoke clears.

IF they've been talking to San Fran as reported I'd applaud Gettleman for getting us into strategically the best place for THIS team in the draft. It's Garrett or a star RB in Fournette there. 

We've got soooo many picks and some very good depth at certain positions where we can spare a guy or two. A win win

SF is rebuilding they could use players and or picks. Panthers could put together a nice package for that pick. This should be interesting.

12 hours ago, Fournettecation said:

Well then you are going to be wrong and pissed off then cause that's what we're doing

If I were a betting man I would put money on it.  This draft is far too deep and many good players at the same position.

11 hours ago, bandu said:

we wouldn't nor should we have to give the 49ers a vast majority of our 2017 picks.

I don't have the value chart but look at the value between 2 and 8 and do the math.   Most likely far more than DG is willing to give up.   He has been quoted more than once "We are never one player away"

I just don't see us trading up for anyone.

I like Fournette and would love to see him a Panther.   There are other players that will be stars that we can use.

Adams a QB of the secondary and instinct like Luke

Howard a TE that can block and Catch and has been compared with Olsen. 

McCaffrey a RB that has multiple skills that Cam can use as effective as Fournette and his bull power.

I posted 9 names earlier that could help us.  All are good players.  We'll get one of them.

Giving away multiple picks for one gives us less opportunity to shore up weaker positions.

I don't see us trading up, at least not in round 1.

48 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I like Fournette and would love to see him a Panther.

I don't pay any attention to the draft threads. I already have to much sh!t cluttering my brain...

but, I do read everything here 

As we get closer, I'm getting a sense we will move, up. Don't quote me or hold me to it..

It's been a weird offseason for the Panthers so far, and to base the present on the past, is kinda short sighted.

tldr?  

25 minutes ago, Jangler said:

I don't pay any attention to the draft threads. I already have to much sh!t cluttering my brain...

As we get closer, I'm getting a sense we will move, up. Don't quote me or hold me to it..

It's been a weird offseason for the Panthers so far, and to base the present on the past, is kinda short sighted.

tldr?  

I agree that it has been a strange offseason.  I cannot remember a time where everything seems so unknown. And I agree that basing the past on the present might not be a great idea.  My main concern is we are in a very good draft where we can get quite a few very good players.  Sacrificing for one player not one but two draft,  IMO will be reckless.

We'll see in 11 days

6 hours ago, Jangler said:

tldr?  

life is like riding a bicycle,to keep your balance,you must keep moving...Albert Einstein...

Archived