• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sports illustrated Cover

Jeremy Igo

Panthers love their runningbacks. No other franchise has valued runningback more than Carolina.

I think having two good to great runningbacks will help Cam the most. It gets the ball out of his hands immediately to another SCORER.

2 or 8 I hope it's a RB.

5 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Moving up to two gives us the chance to land Garrett or Fournette the top two players on most big boards. Go for it. Try. No need for a bunch of rookies, just the best ones we can acquire. We've got a good team on paper already we can stack picks and picks and picks later. We need to win now. 

That jersey looks good on him.

prior to the draft for the most part unless you"re the Washington Redskins a team such as the 49ers for example whom are currently in rebuild mode didn't spend alot on free agents this offseason.but now on the other hand  Carolina whom is a talented team with an elite franchise QB is definetly not in rebuild mode.and spent the most money in DG tenure on other teams free agents

fast foward to the draft and the 49ers should trade down since they have an exstensive list of needs or holes to fill.once again Carolina  needs to do the opposite of a team in rebuild mode and rather than quanity pair quality to their wealth of talent.

so,instead of keeping 8 draft picks and then turning right  around and cutting half of them after camp and getting nothing for them DG is cashing some of them in and selecting Fournette at 2...

14 hours ago, bandu said:

psssst...my friend Gettleman  has known for quite some time now that Fournette will not be avliable at 8,and is the reason why he has put this team in a postion where they can afford to trade up all the way up to #2 for the kid... 

Fournette will be a beast no doubt but there is no way Gettleman is going to trade up and give away all our decent picks for him.  Especially with this deep draft.

There are other options at RB who will be available tat 40 and 64 at Safety, RB, TE and DE.  

I see very easily  TE, RB and DE/S in our first three pick and this forum will be ecstatic regardless of the order.

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Fournette will be a beast no doubt but there is no way Gettleman is going to trade up and give away all our decent picks for him.  Especially with this deep draft.

There are other options at RB who will be available tat 40 and 64 at Safety, RB, TE and DE.  

I see very easily  TE, RB and DE/S in our first three pick and this forum will be ecstatic regardless of the order.

Elite players are different. Stew and DeAngelo were on that level.

If we had 2nd and 3rd rounders they're either diamonds, just guys, or busts. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Getts just BPAs it. I also wouldn't be surprised to see us move up. Ownership as I've said, loves runningbacks.

9 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

there is no way Gettleman is going to trade up 

the most players Gettlemen has ever drafted in a draft was 6 and that happened only once. also, he has traded up on more than one occasion, but never has he traded down nor even talked about tbe possibility.

this year Gettleman has 8 draft picks with possibly the deepest and most talented rosters that he has had prior to any of his other drafts.so,if we do keep all of our draft picks it's going be tough to make room for all 8 of them.

no offense to you or anyone else but it honestly just doesn't make any sense why a vast majority believes that DG needs or even wants to keep all 8 of his draft picks for a team that is in win now mode,and also has plethora of talent. 

12 minutes ago, bandu said:

the most players Gettlemen has ever drafted in a draft was 6 and that happened only once. also, he has traded up on more than one occasion, but never has he traded down nor even talked about tbe possibility.

this year Gettleman has 8 draft picks with possibly the deepest and most talented rosters that he has had prior to any of his other drafts.so,if we do keep all of our draft picks it's going be tough to make room for all 8 of them.

no offense to you or anyone else but it honestly just doesn't make any sense why a vast majority believes that DG needs or even wants to keep all 8 of his draft picks for a team that is in win now mode,and also has plethora of talent. 

Ppl just in denial

It's clear we're going to be trading up for Fournette. You actually have common sense.

18 minutes ago, bandu said:

Trading up in the 2nd or 3rd round is much different than trading up or back into the first.  The cost is much, MUCH greater than the lower rounds.

We are not going to trade next years 1st and the majority of our 2017 picks from one player.  Especially in this deep of a draft. 

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Trading up in the 2nd or 3rd round is much different than trading up or back into the first.  The cost is much, MUCH greater than the lower rounds.

We are not going to trade next years 1st and the majority of our 2017 picks from one player.  Especially in this deep of a draft. 

Well then you are going to be wrong and pissed off then cause that's what we're doing

Fournette might net us four Super Bowl rings .. I mean, the possiblity of perhaps the next AP playing with Cam Newton is just too good ... and enough with the cost will be too much, look, we're winning the Super Bowl so all our picks will be late first of all, and second of all we're picking 8 already ... what are we going to let Fournette get taken at pick 4 ? The player we really want taken just 4 picks before, no that's bullshit and Gettleman knows it ... you go get your guy. 

Again, Gurley was #1 on our draft board ... thing is we weren't in position to trade up, our picks weren't good because we didn't make the playoffs ... at THAT point, trading up was not an option

Uh ... NOW it is, if you have a brain

Gettleman had Gurley number 1 on the Panthers draft board IN A DRAFT THAT FEATURED DANTE FOWLER

Fowler was a better prospect or just as good a prospect as Garrett, so there

Fournette is comparable to Gurley, Fournette arguably is a better prospect coming out. So you do the math, yes we are trading up, yes we are getting Fournette.

Fournette >>>>>> Garrett

The media has no fugin clue what the Panthers board looks like so you don't either ... but I wouldn't laugh at Fournette >>>>> Garrett just because the media has Garrett as the best player

Archived