• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just published my mock draft....

Jeremy Igo

19 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

My absolute all-time fave historical player.

never got to see Jim Brown play so I assume he was equally impressive. But EC was the hardest hitting RB I ever watched. He punished defensive backs without mercy. Unfortunately, his career was short as a result. There might be a lesson there as it relates to Fournette.

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure if we'll see Engram as a fit for our scheme at all. If we're looking at mid-round TEs I'd rather have Leggett, Hodges, or take a flier on that small school Sheehan kid.

Maybe he would be converted into WR. He was fast at the combine (significantly faster that KB and DF) and runs good routes. But he could also be used in 2 tight end sets. It would fit the Offensive evolution concept in a similar way to Mccaffrey might, filling 2 positions of need in one pick.

there is 0% chance evan engram is available in the late 2nd. he's too big and too fast to last that long.

i also don't think (and kinda hope) fournette isn't there. not a fan. dude needs enormous holes from his blockers to get anywhere. center of gravity way too high compared to guys we've had success with in the past such as stew, tolbert, dwill... and he doesn't seem to be all that great in the zone read stuff which, while we shouldn't abuse it (like in 2012), is something that we should keep to help get cam a few carries and keep defenses on their toes.

honestly would rather go mccaffrey at this point.

47 minutes ago, Zithers said:

there is 0% chance evan engram is available in the late 2nd. he's too big and too fast to last that long.

i also don't think (and kinda hope) fournette isn't there. not a fan. dude needs enormous holes from his blockers to get anywhere. center of gravity way too high compared to guys we've had success with in the past such as stew, tolbert, dwill... and he doesn't seem to be all that great in the zone read stuff which, while we shouldn't abuse it (like in 2012), is something that we should keep to help get cam a few carries and keep defenses on their toes.

honestly would rather go mccaffrey at this point.

Engram will go late 1st early 2nd. He's the 3rd rated TE.

Engram is basically Funchess as a prospect. Doubt we go down that road unless Fun is moved at some point which is possible I guess. As far as Garrett, the 49ers would sprint to the podium, nobody would be trading up as they need pass rush help badly. Happy to see the Adams love as I think he's the ideal defensive fit for us in this draft, along with Solomon Thomas and Taco Charleton (who I'm hoping we may trade back in and grab if he falls). Not a big fan of Obi, would rather have Zay Jones in the second all day..Or Ross as another trade back in candidate if he drops [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived