• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just published my mock draft....

Jeremy Igo

26 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

If we trade up in round one I'm off the Gettlewagon. 

That's some Marty Hurney bullshit right there and I won't stand for it. Not for a RB. Not in this day and age of the NFL.

I'll actually be back on the wagon.  Unless he trades a first rounder.  Then, naaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  

I can't see Gettleman trading up above Jaguars to have a shot at Fournette.  The only hope we have is Jaguars go defense and Jets go Quarterback or Defense. 

Either way we get Fournette or other great players fall to us.  In the end we get a great player at 8. 

I personally am on the Fournette train and if he isn't there then I go

OJ

Allen

Lattimore

Ross

Cook

In that order or trade back and pick up more picks.

10 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

We won't take Allen we haven't even been connected to him.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

If he falls and all of our top prospects are gone, I could see Gettleman taking him as his "blue goose" prospect just like he did with Star. We weren't directly connected with Star either. We never met with him or interviewed him that we know of, but there were two prospects that year that we met with that the media wasn't able to identify, so it IS possible that we met with him.

21 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

I wouldn't be either. That's why this talk about trading up at number 8 is ludicrous.

It's unlikely JAX would take Fournette or the Jets considering their situations and investments already made. Plus, their o-lines would do Fournette no favors.

I'm keeping an open-mind in the case it actually happens, but I agree I'd be puzzled and doubting the idea, especially since I'm not thinking Fournette is going to be a HoF RB immediately.

Fournette to Jax is a VERY strong possibility. They have the receivers, they've improved their line, and they have a QB who they want to give one more shot. Their RBs are honestly nothing to write home about. Yeldon is a typical bama scrub RB in the pros, and Chris Ivory is pushing 30. Fournette would be an immediate upgrade to their backfield, would allow them to release one of their other backs and provide Bortles another offensive option. If Bortles fails with that offense, you know he's worthless and you wait until the next year's draft and then draft the QB you believe will be able to come in and produce with that talent, which honestly wouldn't be hard at all. 

The Jets, I honestly have no idea what they're up to, but from everything I've seen it seems like they are in full blown tank mode next season. They have so many holes to fill, no one is off the table for them. 

Fournette to Jax is a VERY strong possibility. They have the receivers, they've improved their line, and they have a QB who they want to give one more shot. Their RBs are honestly nothing to write home about. Yeldon is a typical bama scrub RB in the pros, and Chris Ivory is pushing 30. Fournette would be an immediate upgrade to their backfield, would allow them to release one of their other backs and provide Bortles another offensive option. If Bortles fails with that offense, you know he's worthless and you wait until the next year's draft and then draft the QB you believe will be able to come in and produce with that talent, which honestly wouldn't be hard at all. 
The Jets, I honestly have no idea what they're up to, but from everything I've seen it seems like they are in full blown tank mode next season. They have so many holes to fill, no one is off the table for them. 

I honestly think there is a very real possibility the Browns take him one overall. They have really built up that Oline this off-season and could be looking to follow the Cowboys model. Plus it would be a very Browns thing to do.

Just now, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

I honestly think there is a very real possibility the Browns take him one overall. They have really built up that Oline this off-season and could be looking to follow the Cowboys model. Plus it would be a very Browns thing to do.

You can bet if that happens the Panthers will have already ensured the #2 overall pick is ready to aim and fire right at Myles Garrett for another Julius Peppers-esque steal.

You can bet if that happens the Panthers will have already ensured the #2 overall pick is ready to aim and fire right at Myles Garrett for another Julius Peppers-esque steal.

Depending on what we'd be giving up, I can't say I'd be upset if that happened. You gotta think Gman is prbly betting on us picking in the upper 20s at least next season in the first, so a next year first at that value ain't horrible for a player like Garrett. Just really really want at least 3 solid playmakers this year.

Archived