• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just published my mock draft....

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

If we trade up in round one I'm off the Gettlewagon. 

That's some Marty Hurney bullshit right there and I won't stand for it. Not for a RB. Not in this day and age of the NFL.

If we trade up I'd wait to see the impact of that pick the following year before I make my judgment.

If he transforms our offense into a new juggernaut, I'd call whatever trade up we made worth it. Highly unlikely we'd actually trade up, but not saying I wouldn't be open-minded to the idea.

33 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

I know a lot of teams are mocking Fournette to JAX at #4, and to me I just can't see it. Yeldon, Ivory, Grant...already at HB, to me taking a DL/Secondary player makes more sense for that team. 

We've seen in LA that a stud at HB is completely diminished when the QB is below average or worse. Selecting Fournette IMO doesn't help out JAX as much as solidifying their defense. Sure you get a stud, but teams will just stack the box and force Bortles to show up. I can't see that happening. 

Yeah, put that with the fact Tom Coughlin is there. They'll probably go D.  

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

Funchess says "Hi"

Williams says "Hi"

Benwikere says "Hi"

Unfortunately you usually end up giving up two 20 cent pieces for one quarter. (just pretend that a 20 cent piece exist)

Kony says hi and let's do it again...

7 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Fournette and OJ Howard are the better perfect fit, but yes let the other team take him drop so one of the better Studs drop to us

Not in this draft...deep at RB ,deep at TE...stud DE tops Stud RB...but close enough you don't trade up and still get a stud at #8...none are worth moving up for...

19 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

If we trade up in round one I'm off the Gettlewagon. 

That's some Marty Hurney bullshit right there and I won't stand for it. Not for a RB. Not in this day and age of the NFL.

We won't trade up. There's no reason to 

Just now, Saca312 said:

If we trade up I'd wait to see the impact of that pick the following year before I make my judgment.

If he transforms our offense into a new juggernaut, I'd call whatever trade up we made worth it. Highly unlikely we'd actually trade up, but not saying I wouldn't be open-minded to the idea.

I can't think of a situation where a team traded up for a top 10 pick, let alone a RB, and had it end up working out.

I'm sure there's an instance where it has, but nothing comes to mind recently other than Julio Jones, and even that trade set the Falcons backwards a few years because of what they gave up to do it. 

Robert Griffin

Mark Sanchez

Johnathan Sullivan

Morris Claiborne

Blaine Gabbert

Many many more. I'm not a fan of trading up. At all.

Just now, Cracka McNasty said:

I can't think of a situation where a team traded up for a top 10 pick, let alone a RB, and had it end up working out.

I'm sure there's an instance where it has, but nothing comes to mind recently other than Julio Jones, and even that trade set the Falcons backwards a few years because of what they gave up to do it. 

Robert Griffin

Mark Sanchez

Johnathan Sullivan

Morris Claiborne

Blaine Gabbert

Many many more. I'm not a fan of trading up. At all.

I wouldn't be either. That's why this talk about trading up at number 8 is ludicrous.

It's unlikely JAX would take Fournette or the Jets considering their situations and investments already made. Plus, their o-lines would do Fournette no favors.

I'm keeping an open-mind in the case it actually happens, but I agree I'd be puzzled and doubting the idea, especially since I'm not thinking Fournette is going to be a HoF RB immediately.

I'd rather have Budda Baker than Obi, and I just think this overhype on Obi is insane. Sure, I originally said he'd elevate his stock with an insane combine, but I didn't think we'd be talking end of first round/top of second round good. 

His tape shows a raw prospect. He's flashed greatness, but even I know when to tamper expectations. I guess learning behind Mike Adams and such helps, but still quite a high price.

Archived