• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers should have just put Bene on IR.

Jeremy Igo

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I mean, I watched him practice all last year from OTA's through preseason. Honestly didn't look like he was giving anything less than 100% effort. His body just wasn't able to do what he needed it to. 

He's a football player right?  Since when does effort count? The NFL is the ultimate results business. 

2 hours ago, beastson said:

He was rushed back and then used as a scapegoat

Bene left and we still proceeded to suck, but was Gano cut? Is he still here?

Anyway, I hope Bene keep working hard. Most players get a bad injury, get cut by a team and just fall and continue falling

It's a tough business. On the plus side, if guys like Bene can stay in the league, they can make a hell of a lot of money and be set for life. We can't think of them like the average Joe Blow working at Wal Mart.

6 hours ago, Vagrant said:

There's more to why players get cut than what you see and there's more to playing good football than hitting box jumps. People need to chill. It's the offseason. Bene isn't winning anyone anything right now. I'm glad that we decided to invest in the development of Bradberry and Worley. You can't use revisionist history to say that the development that both of those guys showed would have happened with rotational snaps. Worley in particular really took off after Bene was cut. These moves don't happen in a vacuum. 

While I do agree with the sentiment. This was the wrong line to cross. And yet Shula was left in place to call his long developing bs.

You look at the cap hits last year it was only Bene or Boston that really could have gotten the ax to send a message and still save money.  He clearly was not ready last year though and going up against the guy who broke his leg in the first place didn't help I'm sure.  IR was probably a smarter move at the time but we'll see.  Captain is here now though so it doesn't seem like a big deal.

16 hours ago, Ship said:

I think I've seen a couple of these other videos from Beason before he was reinjured and we traded him and Stewart when he was injured.

This video is nice for him to post, but why should anyone give a poo?

If he should go against Antonio Brown this season I'll pray for him. 

24 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

He hasn't played a down of football in almost a year. Jumping on a box is not football.

Technically it's been less than 6 months.

But yes, this is the Beason working out with bungees and Hardy visiting schoolchildren equivalent. 

Archived