• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers should have just put Bene on IR.

Jeremy Igo

I don't think he was cut because of injury. They stated as much. It came from McDermotts mouth of I remember. At the time I was notes fan of the mice but I don't know anything. Social media posts about his current workout don't change anything.

I'm fine with the cut.

people forget that Bene was the leader/ vet in the CB room last year.  His comments to 610am sealed his fate.  Bradberry and worley are both young, and there has been a lot invested in them already.   You want them both thinking it's cool to be out of shape?   as a vet you have to set the example.  bene didn't.  he's gone.  smallest violin in the world 

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. Seemed like a really knee jerk reaction to an embarrassingly awful game for the entire defense to just up and cut the guy.

I'm curious whose knee? DG or RR?

We seem to like to make examples with players quicker than coaches.

There's more to why players get cut than what you see and there's more to playing good football than hitting box jumps. People need to chill. It's the offseason. Bene isn't winning anyone anything right now. I'm glad that we decided to invest in the development of Bradberry and Worley. You can't use revisionist history to say that the development that both of those guys showed would have happened with rotational snaps. Worley in particular really took off after Bene was cut. These moves don't happen in a vacuum. 

I'm fine with the cut.

people forget that Bene was the leader/ vet in the CB room last year.  His comments to 610am sealed his fate.  Bradberry and worley are both young, and there has been a lot invested in them already.   You want them both thinking it's cool to be out of shape?   as a vet you have to set the example.  bene didn't.  he's gone.  smallest violin in the world 

Binet was a straight shooter on 6:10 a.m. the entire time he went on there. And he went on there a lot. Remind me a lot of Steve Clifford and that he would speak the truth.

He said he was out of shape and I'm prepared for the game where he gave up 300 yards. The interview sounded more like an admission of guilt then an implication of the coaching staff.

I agree he got cut because of that interview, but not deservedly so

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

He was rushed back and then used as a scapegoat

Bene left and we still proceeded to suck, but was Gano cut? Is he still here?

Anyway, I hope Bene keep working hard. Most players get a bad injury, get cut by a team and just fall and continue falling

Archived