• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers should have just put Bene on IR.

Jeremy Igo

Man you guys just can't let stuff go, I was a Bene fan, but let's not act as if he was a defensive staple either. The team had Leonard Johnson, and wanted to likely get a look at Sanchez also. 

If a guy is yet to recover from an injury, then compounds that by referencing his conditioning after an embarrassing game for the team I get the cut, personally I agree with the IR as you can never have enough options moving forward, however I'm not mad at the cut either. 

Think of what the message would be if we kept him. You thought it was a country club atmosphere under Fox? Other players would be sipping margaritas during practice. I have a hunch the decision to release Bene came from the big cat himself.

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What would've been the downside to putting him on IR vs. cutting him?

Have no idea what went on internally, so I don't speculate. So far another team has let him go. That's the only thing I know. Maybe he refused saying he wasn't hurt. If he recovers and plays well, post and destroy. Until then, I choose to not form an opinion over a workout.

Archived