• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers should have just put Bene on IR.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

How did that work out for them?

I'm not defending the move, but I don't think it was awful either. In all fairness the Panthers secondary was better after that game. Bradberry got healthy and improved all season. He held Julio Jones to 4 catches for 60 yards the second Falcons game. 

While it certainly seemed like a combination of injury + message, I don't love or hate the move. Panthers moved on, seems like Bene moved on, so should we. 

1 minute ago, imminent rogaine said:

Could we resign him? Like, is there bad blood there? I knew he had to still be hurt. He was too good of a player before that injury to just let go like that.

He signed with the Bengals in Feb

2 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Could we resign him? Like, is there bad blood there? I knew he had to still be hurt. He was too good of a player before that injury to just let go like that.

He is on the Bengals squad now. 

And even if he wasn't, taking him back would be admitting a mistake... so that would not happen. 

6 minutes ago, PantherWake said:

Hated the move at the time and hate it even more now. Could be a nice slot backup to Captian

I agree...Bene was the last swagger guy we had on Defense he spoke when most would not..i thought it was a bit early to have him play julio anyway he was not in form..i neva thought they would cut him..they should not have..who they should have cut was Tolbert...Rivera talking bout mistakes yes you have made several and this yr we should not have to hear the same thing ..we missed out on several opportunities!

2 minutes ago, Marguide said:

On the other hand, maybe Bene would not have worked as hard at rehab this offseason without the wake-up call of being cut.

Just something to consider.

I mean, I watched him practice all last year from OTA's through preseason. Honestly didn't look like he was giving anything less than 100% effort. His body just wasn't able to do what he needed it to. 

Archived