• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welcome Back D'onta Foreman

Catufb85

18 minutes ago, emhoward said:

To play a little Devil's advocate (I mostly agree with you) -- if a fast 40 (4.4) doesn't make someone a homerun threat, and a lot of long runs in college doesn't make someone a homerun threat -- what in the world does? 

The actual game tape. Foreman big runs are mainly up the middle with LB filling the wrong hole. 4.4 in the pro day doesn't mean squat FYI 

If you look at Cook's And Fournette's runs you would notice they can actually get around the edge on a consistent basis, Foreman can't. They also hardly ever get caught from behind.

I went to UT and just graduated this last year so let me weigh in. I've seen him live throughout my collegiate years, and I don't really want him. Too one dimensional for my tastes. Inflated stats due to a rookie QB and incompetent WR group. Not to mention Big-12 defenses aren't great either. Big news about the 40 time though. That is serious speed. Not great at passblocking/catching, don't want.

He shouldn't go before the 4th.  Promising prospect athletically but needs alot of work.  He has large mitts so he shouldn't have the fumbling problems he has and its been well noted pass blocking needs alot of work.

Still doesnt make sense, some of you are worried about his fumbling but not the Cook's etc who were far worse.

Its been well noted his pass blocking? He was rated the top pass blocking RB in all of college football last year, guess Garrett needs work on his pass rushing as well. Havent seen scouts say much anything negative about his blocking as well (onky thing ive found is he has iffy mechanics, but he has it in him your not the top pass blocker if you cant block, should be pretty easy to clean up his technique and make him a real damn good blocker) only some carolinahuddle scouts on this board.

Wouldnt take him in the first 2 rounds obvious because the talent in this draft is stacked but round 3 yes.

His film isnt much different than Derrick Henrys as well, some people need to go back and look.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

19 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Still doesnt make sense, some of you are worried about his fumbling but not the Cook's etc who were far worse.

Its been well noted his pass blocking? He was rated the top pass blocking RB in all of college football last year, guess Garrett needs work on his pass rushing as well. Havent seen scouts say much anything negative about his blocking as well (onky thing ive found is he has iffy mechanics, but he has it in him your not the top pass blocker if you cant block, should be pretty easy to clean up his technique and make him a real damn good blocker) only some carolinahuddle scouts on this board.

Wouldnt take him in the first 2 rounds obvious because the talent in this draft is stacked but round 3 yes.

His film isnt much different than Derrick Henrys as well, some people need to go back and look.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I think both his fumbling and pass protection is fixable.

As for negative pass blocking from scouts. He's what I've seen....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/donta-foreman?id=2557994

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-daily-can-texas-rb-donta-foreman-pass-protect/

Basically he's need practice. He is young and needs work, no surprise for a 20 year old.

Archived