• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fiz makes a thread about Julius Peppers

Fiz

unless the interior defense improves to the point a guard, tackle, and tight end is required to block it, I can't imagine how any one player would make Peppers beat a tackle

Oh, it's possible. Look back at the days when Kris Jenkins was at his best.

But the kind of guy they need isn't likely available except by trade.

I just really don't understand the "it's the front office's fault" excuse. That's some incredibly tortured logic, and stinks a lot like Peppers' defenders last refuge.

Saying a player is intentionally tanking it though because he's the highest paid at his position, however, is infinitely worse in my opinion than a precipitous decline, so I really don't get that either.

Oh, it's possible. Look back at the days when Kris Jenkins was at his best.

But the kind of guy they need isn't likely available except by trade.

Jenkins best year, 2003, was Peppers second worse from a statistical perspective, and there was much public speculation that his drop off in production and stamina if you'll recall was due to him no longer being on PEDs.

As a player, Peppers isn't half the guy he was in the first half of 2006, and certainly might as well have not been out there in 2007.

If this is true and you have mentioned this quite a bit. Although his life span went up 5 yrs per this one.

The only logical conclusion is the Panthers kept him just to throw him a bone.

I will have to work my connections in the locker room to find out.

From what I understand, it's true. I heard of it a while back but kept my mouth shut because I didn't think it was appropriate to discuss in this format.

these guys do stil have a right to their private personal lives. being an overpaid football player on a losing team doesn't negate that.

Jenkins best year, 2003, was Peppers second worse from a statistical perspective, and there was much public speculation that his drop off in production and stamina if you'll recall was due to him no longer being on PEDs.

As a player, Peppers isn't half the guy he was in the first half of 2006, and certainly might as well have not been out there in 2007.

Stats don't tell the whole story there (they rarely do). And in 03 Peppers was raw, but still was someone teams had to game plan against. With the experience he has now, he still could be if he had the right guy next to him.

Worth a million a game? Probably not (is anybody?)

But way better than he is now? Yeah.

i looked at the game an focused on peppers a lot.Its hard for any DE to get the QB when you DT cant push the pocket .Romo can move around .Pep is not playing the money the FO gave him.but he is playing better than anyone else on the Dline.If anything C.johson needs to be starting at LE.

look at these Romo highlights i see peppers gets there..but the DT can get any push..I agree peppers is not playing worth the money he was given.but the rest of the Dline just sucks..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81302c9c/WK-3-Tony-Romo-highlights

Name a DT at Indianapolis.

If he doesn't then imo it reflects very poorly of him. I understand the NFL is a business and what not but for what this team has done for him he has no right be playing so passive. His teammates deserve better and thats something pertains to all levels of sports(pro, college, highschool, etc..) You don't quit on your teammates and to see him going through the motions while Beason and Davis are going 1000%, yelling in frustration, because THEY WANT TO WIN...

it really pisses me off.

I'm not saying throwing in the towel is the RIGHT thing to do... It's simply what he "offered" the team when he explained he hated everything about Carolina. In return, the team offered $16m. Sahhh-weet deal, someone in the FO really knows how to bargain! Caveat emptor. We got exactly what we paid for. We didn't need Nostradamus to predict this behavior, to be honest...

Oh yeah, what exactly has this team done for Peppers (not being smart, I just don't know)? I do know they've coached way too conservatively, drafted like ABSOLUTE poo over the past few years, and made a number of questionable management decisions, thus limiting our and Peppers' chances of making the playoffs, much less winning the big one.

If anyone couldn't figure out that Peppers wanted to be traded because he saw his Super Bowl chances swirling down the toilet with Jake, Fox, and the rest of the Panthers, then they're utterly clueless. He may not have called these names out publicly and explicitly, but it's obviously implied.

We got exactly what we paid for. We didn't need Nostradamus to predict this behavior, to be honest...

no one in the world would predict that a player supposedly concerned about his value would intentionally tank a season. If anyone had predicted that Peppers would take the entire year off and insure he'd never get another contract again at this stage in his career they would have been laughed out of the forum.

to think that anyone could have seen this coming or should have expected it is laughable.

Oh yeah, what exactly has this team done for Peppers (not being smart, I just don't know)? I do know they've coached way too conservatively,

what does offense have to do with Peppers.

drafted like ABSOLUTE poo over the past few years,

this isn't exactly true. Actually it's not true at all. Actually you're just making things up.

and made a number of questionable management decisions, thus limiting our and Peppers' chances of making the playoffs, much less winning the big one.

then clearly you'd think last year when they went to the playoffs Peppers would have really turned it on? There were many things lost in that game because of Jake's meltdown, and Julius' vanishing was one of them.

If anyone couldn't figure out that Peppers wanted to be traded because he saw his Super Bowl chances swirling down the toilet with Jake, Fox, and the rest of the Panthers, then they're utterly clueless.

clearly peppers cares a lot about the super bowl as evidenced by his performance against Arizona.

He may not have called these names out publicly and explicitly, but it's obviously implied.

you do not know what the word obvious means.

nor the word implied

I agree with everything Fiz says except I really do believe he wanted out last year, and now is playing like poo for shits and giggles. Yeah listing the teams you'll accept a trade to doesn't make sense if you really want off of THIS team that badly, but what makes sense to us doesn't make sense to Peppers. My source tells me the dude is pretty f**king weird and maybe messed up in the head.

Anyone know why Carl Carey represents no other player in any sport besides Julius Peppers?

Anyone think Peppers is upset with how Carey handled this past off season?

Hint: Carey did exactly what Julius asked him to.

Edit: I think Julius' mental issues stem back to even before the syphilis.

pep didnt have that bad of a game.he took his normal plays off, other than that he got pretty good pressure last night.homo just steped up in the pocket, even when jp played dt he got good pressure and homo side stepped him..........no player is worth that money tho.when i was screaming tag him, it was bc i had a trade in mind.i hope he doesnt have spyx3 bc that would be a sad, and i hope something like that would not get out.

Fiz, you're exactly right on all points. And great job with the .gifs for illustration of just how f*cking sorry he is. I was the biggest Pep fan in the world up until this last off-season. Initially, when he finally came out and said he wanted out (which I had said he would all along), I was pissed. But, then I said, "f*ck him. if he doesn't want to be here, let him go and get what you can in return.

I would've eventually gotten over the loss of Pep and pulled for him again wherever he was as long as it wasn't detrimental to us. I'm a Pro-Player type of guy in most situations. I understood where Pep was coming from, I've been there in college athletics - being somewhere you don't want to be, and still having to say and do the right things... It gets old. I imagine especially with our coaching staff and front office.

BUT, in my situation, I wasn't getting paid. Pep is. You signed the f*cking tender. You had no other options, once it became clear that no other team was making a legit offer. You're being paid for it, play your ass off. If you can't do it, sit your ass out or retire... It's up to you. I wouldn't give a f*ck what Pep did, if he wasn't doing what he's doing right now - SANDBAGGING. Get your Rich Uncle Pennybags off the f*cking field. It's disgusting.

Our front office has trashed the immediate future. And for what? EVERETTE F*CKING BROWN??? LOL...

Peppers? SMH.

Jake? FACEPALM.

This is complete and utter bullsh*t. For a team that has prided themselves on playing it cool, they certainly made personnel decisions that reflect those of someone who's ass is on the front burner... I really just want JR to clear house ASAP. Win one season, lose the next, win one, lose the next. If that's top coaching, someone else can have it. It's bullsh*t.

Archived