• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fiz makes a thread about Julius Peppers

Fiz

I don't recall anyone complaining about Peppers after either of those two seasons.

Now that he gets a million a week, people expect his performance to suddenly change. Fools. It's not my $16m so frankly, I think it's hilarious he can sit on the sideline laughing to the bank. Panthers FO deserved to lose twice as much with this decision (well they lost $20m to Jake so I'll accept that as justice).

Too bad these two decisions come at the likely cost of several losing seasons, and too bad that's what it will take to bring about changes in the organization I so dearly love...

Many of us have been complaining about Peppers before this season Some of us have been complaining about Peppers for several seasons.

I don't recall anyone complaining about Peppers after either of those two seasons.

Now that he gets a million a week, people expect his performance to suddenly change. Fools. It's not my $16m so frankly, I think it's hilarious he can sit on the sideline laughing to the bank. Panthers FO deserved to lose twice as much with this decision (well they lost $20m to Jake so I'll accept that as justice).

Too bad these two decisions come at the likely cost of several losing seasons, and too bad that's what it will take to bring about changes in the organization I so dearly love...

Who have you been talking to because his lack of effort has been the topic of discussion here for several years. Your logic doesn't make any sense nor does much of anything that you have posted on this subject.

I completely approve of this thread.

I can't believe people still defend this waste of God given ability. I don't mind him getting all he can, money wise, but it pisses me off to see someone get paid for doing absolutely nothing.

I can't imagine how other players on the team feel watching him half*** is thorugh these games and take home the biggest check in the league

I completely approve of this thread.

I can't believe people still defend this waste of God given ability. I don't mind him getting all he can, money wise, but it pisses me off to see someone get paid for doing absolutely nothing.

I can't imagine how other players on the team feel watching him half*** is thorugh these games and take home the biggest check in the league

I don't think you can really "defend" him right now, but we do have to be practical.

He's here, whether he wanted to be or not. Barring injury, he will be here all season. He's got more athletic ability than anyone else on the D-Line, and he's earning a big-a$$ paycheck.

With all that in mind, you can't simply write him off as crap and bench him just out of spite or disgust. You have to find a way to get whatever you can out of him.

Getting a solid DT beside him is one tangible thing that is both doable, and practical.

Beyond that, the coaches have to find a way to motivate him. How? Don't know. At this point I'd be all in favor of Brian Baker getting in his face and questioning his manhood. Yes, the possibility exists that he might just curl up into a ball, but if I were Fox that's a risk I'd be willing to take.

(FYI: I expected that this would have already happened by now. the fact that it doesn't seem to have makes me wonder if Fox won't allow it)

I don't think you can really "defend" him right now, but we do have to be practical.

He's here, whether he wanted to be or not. Barring injury, he will be here all season. He's got more athletic ability than anyone else on the D-Line, and he's earning a big-a$$ paycheck.

With all that in mind, you can't simply write him off as crap and bench him just out of spite or disgust. You have to find a way to get whatever you can out of him.

Getting a solid DT beside him is one tangible thing that is both doable, and practical.

Beyond that, the coaches have to find a way to motivate him. How? Don't know. At this point I'd be all in favor of Brian Baker getting in his face and questioning his manhood. Yes, the possibility exists that he might just curl up into a ball, but if I were Fox that's a risk I'd be willing to take.

(FYI: I expected that this would have already happened by now. the fact that it doesn't seem to have makes me wonder if Fox won't allow it)

julius-peppers-signs-offer-sheet-carolina-panthers.jpg

I

..... the coaches have to find a way to motivate him. How? Don't know.

How do you motivate any professional athlete? You bench him.

But there is something else going on with Peppers that just doesn't make sense. Wherever he plays next year he has to be smart enough to realize that this is the year to showcase his talents for his next contract.

So he gets on the biggest stage of the season and stinks it up. Not only is he no-heart he's a moron and just lost millions off his next deal.

But there is something else going on with Peppers that just doesn't make sense. Wherever he plays next year he has to be smart enough to realize that this is the year to showcase his talents for his next contract.

So he gets on the biggest stage of the season and stinks it up. Not only is he no-heart he's a moron and just lost millions off his next deal.

he doesn't care about the difference in millions he can earn next year. He is set. He turned down a deal by Carolina to be the highest paid DE......there is no real proof to suggest $$$$$$ is his real motivator. I just think the guy plays football......it had provides him a living. It ain't what makes him tick like a lot of guys. He will go out and play.....and you know what you are gonna get. A freak athlete who is just playing football b/c it is his job that brings home the bacon...it isn't his passion. I think a lot of people post on this board during work hrs.....doesn't look like they are giving there "job" 100% either........the only real people to bitch about is the Panthers who gave a guy that kind of money knowing how he is.

What does he care,$17 M is a lot of $$!

Archived