• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With the 40th pick of the NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers Select...

Steves89

Who do want us to select?

As difficult as it may be to believe, there is are rounds after the first, and in fact, my favorite is the 2nd. Still tons of high profile players  available, but it is much more capricious and surprising than the first round. Do any of the top QB's fall and how does that change our draft? Do we take one of the many outstanding CB's who should be available? If we can't go RB in the 1st, do we go RB in the 2nd either at 40 or 64? Besides we have a serious shot at getting someone with a great name! Njoku?Juju? Budda? Obi? Maybe Taco if he falls. For these and other reasons, I love the 2nd round of the draft (even if it doesn't love me back...fug you Eric Shelton).

So, assuming we go BPA, who do you (realistically) want us to take at 40?

I think that there's a lot in flux with the 2nd round for us.

• Do we use 1 of our second rounders to move back into the mid 20's of the 1st (McCaffrey, Barnett, Charlton)
  • Do we move up from the 2nd of two second round picks with our R3 comp pick or later picks?
  • Who do we draft in R1?

Players I like in the 2nd round:

Pick 40 -

• Obi Melifonwu (probably not available)
  • Josh Jones
  • Budda Baker
  • Derek Rivers
  • Adoree Jackson
  • Chris Godwin

Pick 64 -

• Curtis Samuel
  • Tanoh Kpassagnon
  • Adam Shaheen
  • Joe Mixon
  • Chidobe Awuzie
  • Justin Evans

It starts to get really complicated past the 1st round.

Inevitably, there will be some guys who everyone had penciled in as 1st rounders slip to the 2nd and there will be a few guys who everyone thought would slip to the 2nd go in the late 1st.

But, if I'm gonna name a name, I'll say Zay Jones.

3 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay far out hypothetical for discussion:

WHAT IF Deshaun Watson drops out of the 1st round and is available at Pick #40?

Discuss...

:P

This. If he's there I would consider taking him more for the trade possibility than anything else, but also, nothing and no one has more value than a good qb.

11 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Regardless of who we pick, we will inevitably get a press conference where DG proclaims "we had a first round grade on him and had to take him there in the second."

The only question is if that happens once or twice on day 2.

Using this logic .... I can see a Corner being selected ... a suprise pick... Kevin King or Quincy Wilson fit our tall corner preferences. I think there are about 9-10 first round rated corners. Not that y I would agree but tendencies. 

Archived