• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2008 Season Improvements

ed bell

The 2008 season is winding down and we still don't have any guarantees of making the playoffs. At 11-3, that seems odd, but there are still a lot of teams who still have a shot, mathematically. I like our chances mainly because of the mid-season adjustments this team has made. When I look back at this year these are a few improvements that have paid off:

1) Reduced the amount of penalties from the first half of the season. Mainly the procedure calls on offense. Penalties are drive killers. We hurt our chances in quite a few games by making too many mistakes. This team has left this problem behind.

2) Great adjustments to keep the O-Line functioning through the injuries. We have a great bunch of guys. It's what every offensive play needs for success.

3) Started quicker on offense to avoid the problems caused by poor 1st quarter stats.

4) Continued to control the ball and field position. Save a couple mistakes and tipped balls, the ball has been protected. The kickoff and punt game have given us an edge in the field position game.

I'm sure there are more. Add or dispute.

Fast start was keyed after ATL game. If we started fast, we probably would have won. Since then, we been starting aggressive

Great job by coaching staff on reducing penalties

If you think about, our o-line getting injured was sort of a blessing in disguise. Because now we have people in can come on right in and gel well. Thats a good thing. But nobody beats our first team line of course

Baker has been overlooked so much. I love him

We have had some key pickups this season that we didnt in the past. IMO Brayton has been playing some good football in the second half of the year and it seems he has got the system and got the no tackling Raider crap out of him.

Johnson has been a beast this year compared to last year.

Kemo is getting used the right way for the first time.

Remember when they said Dwill could not break away and could not break tackles.

Great Job with our O-line. Its one of the best we have ever had.

Mark Jones was a god sent and I just cant believe how good he really is.

i remember throwing foster in on 1st and goalline situations and seeing him bounce backwards 3 times and then have to settle for 3.

pathetic. i am so glad those days are gone.

this year's improvements...

penalties, especially the false starts.

slow starts

blocked punts

return game

commitment to run

more effective run game b/c of RBs, hoover, Oline, WR blockers (which may be why jarrett has been used more)

Archived