• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Man to Man Bradberry

Ace_Aladdin

Do you believe Wilks will go more man defense this year?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe Wilks will go more man defense this year?

We could be witnessing a birth of a shutdown corner that could pay huge dividends this season. With a year of experience & NFL conditioning the CB duo should take huge strides in the upcoming season. Look for Wilks to incorporate the CBs ability to play man & zone into playcalling that frees up the Safety  for other assignments. 

-This is was one my reason not needing a safety in the 1st round but it will be beneficial to address it in the mid rounds. 

-Also why pass rushers will be able to get to the QB with that extra sec aka Charles Johnson & Peppers

49 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

At its core, this defense is centered around the Rivera defense philosophy.

So, no, I don't see there being any vast difference between McDermott and Wilkes.  Much like the offensive coordinator, what they do is exactly what the head coach wants.

I beg to differ. Mr. Scot has alluded to multiple times about Rivera's scheme in SD, and how Wilks will likely incorporate more man to man schemes.

McDermott was a zone-centric blitz heavy style defense from what he saw back in Philly's Johnson era defense, and Rivera is more fundamental and let your front wreck havoc type of guy. Wilks does enjoy working with the secondary a lot, so I'd expect him to add some more flair to the style of play back there.

2 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

I beg to differ. Mr. Scot has alluded to multiple times about Rivera's scheme in SD, and how Wilks will likely incorporate more man to man schemes.

McDermott was a zone-centric blitz heavy style defense from what he saw back in Philly's Johnson era defense, and Rivera is more fundamental and let your front wreck havoc type of guy. Wilks does enjoy working with the secondary a lot, so I'd expect him to add some more flair to the style of play back there.

Fingers crossed that what you say is true.

42 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Don't expect anything ground breaking year one. We will still be a zone blitz team because of continuity. Year 2 it might change more. 

45 minutes ago, Snake said:

Don't expect anything ground breaking year one. We will still be a zone blitz team because of continuity. Year 2 it might change more. 

I think that's our LBr strength and based on we have 3 first round LBrs, they are the center of the defense.

10 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I think that's our LBr strength and based on we have 3 first round LBrs, they are the center of the defense.

This is the key with CB ability to takeaway the  deep outside threats LBs and Safety's can work  underneath to stop the quick underneath and middle passes. 

Archived