• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could the Carolina Panthers trade up (or down) for Christian McCaffrey?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

We would still need to draft another RB as well right..

easy this year is loaded at RB- there will be another one available by our 3rd rounder comp pick , but I could totally see Gettleman double dipping and drafting Perine in the 2nd too

3 minutes ago, SOJA said:

easy this year is loaded at RB- there will be another one available by our 3rd rounder comp pick , but I could totally see Gettleman double dipping and drafting Perine in the 2nd too

If that happen then I'm okay.. I don't like the idea of drafting a situational mismatch player in the 1st round.. Because that's a luxury pick and most team find those players later in the draft.. But if we can trade down and still get starter quality players at more needed position it would be okay pick..

29 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Just a question to the ppl who think "if you draft him Shula will work" making it more a he doesn't have the players to be imagintive. 

What was Tolbert than??

For years he had a FB who could run like a rb and catch at the backfield.. All these touches You think Mccafferey could get.. Could have gone to Tolbert.. All the mismatches he could have developed with Tolbert he never did.. Where were the smoke screens where you have Tolbert lined up with KB and Funch infront of him waiting to block and him only having to beat a smaller DB or slower LB?? Why not more wheel routes to Tolbert and Fozzy?? Why not more plays with Fozzy and Stew lined up in the backfield and flanking out. 

I think one of the primary differences here is that, even at his best, Tolbert was fat, not very fast, and definitely not "quick".

McCaffrey is the opposite of all of these things.

And, as someone else pointed out, Tolbert was actually used a good bit and effectively when he first got here when he was still close to his "best".

20 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I'm willing to bet you give Andy Reid, Bruce Arians, Sean Payton and Greg Roman these sets of wespons and Cam.. They would build top 5 offense every year..

Come on, man. Payton and Arians can't complain about their offensive pieces. They've pretty much had them! No one is going to say with any type of credibility that they'd choose any offense we've had in the past five years over the Cards' or the Saints'. Cam ain't on Drew Brees' level yet. He's not, and may not ever get there.

One of the main reasons Reid hasn't gotten KC any further than they have is because they need an upgrade at receiver, just like we do. Hell, they are still looking. Now I will give you that if maybe Reid had Cam, then maybe he could do a little more. But KC's offensive pieces are better than ours right now.

4 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Put your cursor on the box and click on the "plus" (+) sign then press delete.

That's what I do and it works every time.

I'll try it. It used to work for me. Maybe it's this Ad blocker browser I'm using as opposed to Chrome. Thanks.

Just now, top dawg said:

Come on, man. Payton and Arians can't complain about their offensive pieces. They've pretty much had them! No one is going to say with any type of credibility that they'd choose any offense we've had in the past five years over the Cards' or the Saints'. Cam ain't on Drew Brees' level yet. He's not, and may not ever get there.

One of the main reasons Reid hasn't gotten KC any further than they have is because they need an upgrade at receiver, just like we do. Hell, they are still looking. Now I will give you that if maybe Reid had Cam, then maybe he could do a little more. 

That wasn't your point.. You made it seem like Shula is being hamstrung by the talent he has to use.. I'm saying other OC could make these weapons work better than Shula has.. I said mothing about them trading their weapons now for his.. I'm saying if they had those wespons and Cam they would consistently have top 5 or atleast top offenses every year..

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Not in a deep draft at the positions we most need. Having three second rounders would be a huge development.

But thanks for playing. 

Yeah, Drafting a ton of players in the 2nd round makes so much sense.  So the majority can sit on the bench.  Rolls eyes.  

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

That wasn't your point.. You made it seem like Shula is being hamstrung by the talent he has to use.. I'm saying other OC could make these weapons work better than Shula has.. I said mothing about them trading their weapons now for his.. I'm saying if they had those wespons and Cam they would consistently have top 5 or atleast top offenses every year..

I reject that notion.

7 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I think one of the primary differences here is that, even at his best, Tolbert was fat, not very fast, and definitely not "quick".

McCaffrey is the opposite of all of these things.

And, as someone else pointed out, Tolbert was actually used a good bit and effectively when he first got here when he was still close to his "best".

Who was that by Shula or Chud..

Think about McCaffrey as a Dallas Clark-type tight end/slot receiver who can also return kicks and punts, plus work his way into the RB situations and the guy's value is incredible, especially for a team like ours.

If you can't find a way to create mismatches with a guy like him at your disposal, then you need to get out of the business.

Archived