• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers meeting with Miami TE Njoku

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I took him early 2nd in our board mock draft, there's always a chance he could slide a few spots. 

Nope

I would put money up for who ever wants to bet.

BTW he is better prospect than Olsen. Saw both of them play at Miami. 

His combine disappointed, so he'll likely be in the second. Easily at play, and would be a good pickup.

What I don't get is people saying his hands are terrible and unfixable. Been saying it all along he just needs to stop focusing on running after the catch. 

He shows proper form when catching, but tends to drop when he runs instead of catch.

13 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

His combine disappointed, so he'll likely be in the second. Easily at play, and would be a good pickup.

What I don't get is people saying his hands are terrible and unfixable. Been saying it all along he just needs to stop focusing on running after the catch. 

He shows proper form when catching, but tends to drop when he runs instead of catch.

Excuses. Dave said the thing about KB. KB still drops a lot of catchable balls. It doesn't matter if it's due to hands or due to concentration, drops are drops and guys rarely drop fewer balls at the next level kinda like how a QB rarely completes passes at a higher percentage at the next level. Guys with high drop rates in college almost always have a high drop rate in the NFL. Njoku's drop rate is REALLY high.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Excuses. Dave said the thing about KB. KB still drops a lot of catchable balls. It doesn't matter if it's due to hands or due to concentration, drops are drops and guys rarely drop fewer balls at the next level kinda like how a QB rarely completes passes at a higher percentage at the next level. Guys with high drop rates in college almost always have a high drop rate in the NFL. Njoku's drop rate is REALLY high.

If I'm not mistaken, Njoku didn't even start off as a starter, and he only steadily started getting more snaps later on.

Sample size is still a bit small imo.

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

If I'm not mistaken, Njoku didn't even start off as a starter, and he only steadily started getting more snaps later on.

Sample size is still a bit small imo.

For sure. He definitely has potential, but he's definitely raw and has a major red flag with those drops.

Boom or bust IMO. I won't be shocked if he's a Pro Bowler in 4 years. I also won't be shocked if he's not even in the league in 4 years.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For sure. He definitely has potential, but he's definitely raw and has a major red flag with those drops.

Boom or bust IMO. I won't be shocked if he's a Pro Bowler in 4 years. I also won't be shocked if he's not even in the league in 4 years.

I agree. His floor is a tad low, and I expect a slow start from him. But his ceiling is really high. Learning behind the NFL's best TE would do wonders for him, imo.

Archived