• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And then there is this....

Jeremy Igo

19 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

When you get to be a physical  therapist or doctor your opinion might be valid. In the meantime I am not going to join you wearing the tinfoil hat and believe that the doctors and physical therapists treating him have his best interest at heart and are being professional in their care. Given he is a 100 million dollar investment, I can't imagine any reason they wouldn't.

People in all walks of life have varying degrees of book and common sense, and are open to criticism.  The Falcons are an NFL team that elected to throw the ball when even a monkey could see running it would have won a Super Bowl.  You don't have to be Einstein or stay at a Holiday Inn Express to see the awful in the decision by any objective measure.

3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

From Scott Fowler yesterday: "Rivera admitted that he tried to take Newton out of the game but was talked into letting him stay in by the quarterback himself."

This was the Tampa Bay game, and at that point it probably didn't matter because Cam had already played two meaningless games with the partially torn rotator cuff.

Look at what was said. Ron in order to.protect Cam was going to be cautious and shut him down which totally debunks the notion that all the coaches care about is saving their jobs at Cam"s expense. He listened to Cam talk about his pain level and how loose it felt which is the primary way to determine if it is improving or getting worse. So why did he let Cam play and Luke not?

Based on advice from the medical staff he felt that Cam could play and the risk to Luke was greater and therefore shut him down. This wasn't Cam's decision it was Rivera's but given that concussions are treated differently than sprains, the players input is more important. Thanks for furthering my case.

truth bomb incoming

POST BUCS GAME JAN. 1ST 2017

"I thought Cam Newton was about as courageous as it gets,” he said. “He didn’t want to come out, he tried to make some throws that he probably shouldn’t have. But that’s who he is. He’s a competitive man, he wants to win.”

Rivera also said Newton aggravated the shoulder that has been bothering him for several weeks.

“He doesn’t use it as a crutch, so if he doesn’t then I’m not gonna.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article124078304.html

RIP this discussion

12 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

truth bomb incoming

POST BUCS GAME JAN. 1ST 2017

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article124078304.html

RIP this discussion

How aggravated? In pain which will go way in a few days or more a tear. Again it isn't clear he tore it further.  And if he did why play further? The only reasonable approach is to assume the aggravation didn't impact whether he could play or he wouldn't especially when Rivera considered shutting him down. Again this would have been a medical decision as it always is...

Just now, Cary Kollins said:

you think I'm making an argument I'm not making. It's not a conspiracy, it's just a dumb decision by Ron, one of many he's made in his up and down career as a head coach.

The argument you make is not based on facts but a dislike of Ron and what he does. So yeah it is a witch hunt conspiracy post without fact or basis.

24 minutes ago, Nails said:

People in all walks of life have varying degrees of book and common sense, and are open to criticism.  The Falcons are an NFL team that elected to throw the ball when even a monkey could see running it would have won a Super Bowl.  You don't have to be Einstein or stay at a Holiday Inn Express to see the awful in the decision by any objective measure.

And this argument has nothing to do with whether Cam should have played or not based on medical opinion. If it was clear like it was with Kuechly he wouldn't have played. The medical staff who are trained and experts in the field felt that he could play.  Why are you trying to play Einstein and assume you know more than they do. Maybe you need to stay at the Holiday inn a couple nights and then post again.  That way it might actually make sense.

Just now, panthers55 said:

And this argument has nothing to do with whether Cam should have played or not based on medical opinion. If it was clear like it was with Kuechly he wouldn't have played. The medical staff who are trained and experts in the field felt that he could play.  Why are you trying to play Einstein and assume you know more than they do. Maybe you need to stay at the Holiday inn a couple nights and then post again.  That way it might actually make sense.

It's not a matter of COULD he play, it's a matter of SHOULD he play.

that you fail to understand this makes me think you're just trolling

7 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

It's not a matter of COULD he play, it's a matter of SHOULD he play.

that you fail to understand this makes me think you're just trolling

Shoulda  coulda woulda doesn't matter. He is paid over a million dollars a game. Of course he should play every game he can barring an injury which keeps him from playing. The medical staff felt he could play without further injury so then he should play. These decisions are always risk versus benefit decisions. Why not sit him all year to keep him from getting hurt. Minimizes the risk right? But also minimizes the benefit.

The fact you don't understand that makes me think you have an agenda not based on the realities of the situation. 

Archived