• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And then there is this....

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Both of you are making huge assumptions about what happened. You act as if they weren't treating the injury or caring about him.  A partially torn rotator cuff is often treated nonsurgically. It isn't as if you don't know if it is getting better or worse which you can judge based on the amount of pain and looseness you feel in the shoulder. As long as the symptoms don't worsen there is no reason not to play. It it worsens or doesn't respond to nonsurgically methods you become more aggressive in shutting him down or doing surgery. I have not read any indications suggesting that playing made it worse or was detrimental. Have you?

The fact is, Cam's recovery was delayed by at least one month because he was allowed to play in three meaningless games. At best, it's a reckless decision. Now he will miss valuable reps in OTA's once again.

33 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Both of you are making huge assumptions about what happened. You act as if they weren't treating the injury or caring about him.  A partially torn rotator cuff is often treated nonsurgically. It isn't as if you don't know if it is getting better or worse which you can judge based on the amount of pain and looseness you feel in the shoulder. As long as the symptoms don't worsen there is no reason not to play. It it worsens or doesn't respond to nonsurgically methods you become more aggressive in shutting him down or doing surgery. I have not read any indications suggesting that playing made it worse or was detrimental. Have you?

He should have sat even if he was 100% healthy.  The fact there was an issue to any degree adds to the unconscionable madness.

Honest question. Where is all the paranoia about how the organization feels about Cam. They made him one of the highest paid QBs in the league. They let him do all of his commitments to other endeavors without restriction. I get the sense that the same people who bitch that Cam doesnt get all the pieces he needs or that Shula is the OC are the same folks making all of the complaints in these threads as well.

15 minutes ago, Nails said:

He should have sat even if he was 100% healthy.  The fact there was an issue to any degree adds to the unconscionable madness.

When you get to be a physical  therapist or doctor your opinion might be valid. In the meantime I am not going to join you wearing the tinfoil hat and believe that the doctors and physical therapists treating him have his best interest at heart and are being professional in their care. Given he is a 100 million dollar investment, I can't imagine any reason they wouldn't. Sit a player who is costing you 20 million a year when he is 100%  healthy. That might qualify for the stupid post of the day if it weren't that you seem in good company today with the paranoid comments. Hell let's pay him 20 million and sit him all of next year to keep him from getting hurt.

7 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

The fact is, Cam's recovery was delayed by at least one month because he was allowed to play in three meaningless games. At best, it's a reckless decision. Now he will miss valuable reps in OTA's once again.

Why do you think that. Nothing suggests he would have better off not playing or doing what he did made it worse. They were treating it nonsurgically and modifying his routine and work not to aggregate it. Then they have treated it for the past 2 months nonsurgically and ran out of time so went the surgical route. Other than your opinion, what facts back up this opinion. I have read nothing suggesting they didn't handle it just as they should. Have you?

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Honest question. Where is all the paranoia about how the organization feels about Cam. They made him one of the highest paid QBs in the league. They let him do all of his commitments to other endeavors without restriction. I get the sense that the same people who bitch that Cam doesnt get all the pieces he needs or that Shula is the OC are the same folks making all of the complaints in these threads as well.

Wait what? Please tell me your joking and just trying to be the funny guy. 

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

The Panthers said Ron tried to take Cam out but Cam wouldn't come out lol.

There is no way you can spin this to make the Panthers look good.

Bull. If they wanted him to sit he would have. Just like with Luke who wanted to play but didn't. You are the one spinning it not me. I am just looking at the facts and not putting my own conspiracy issues in the mix as you apparently are.

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

The Panthers said Ron tried to take Cam out but Cam wouldn't come out lol.

There is no way you can spin this to make the Panthers look good.

That's BS.  The team has ultimate control if the REALLY wanted him out.  Players are enormously expensive investments.  Their contracts have all sorts of stipulations regarding what they can and cannot do while under the contract... for example sky diving... or other inherently dangerous activities.

I'm sure that the team doctors knew early on that the shoulder was hurt.  I bet it wasn't that bad early on and after playing the remaining games developed tears or got worse.  There's no way to know but I doubt that it was torn and they said F-it, let's play him!  They gave the shoulder as much time as possible to heal on it's own fully knowing the window that they needed to perform the surgery and have him back in time for the season.  It didn't heal as much as they like so here we are.

I still think it was foolish and could really impact next season.  I would have pulled him and skipped those last few games to give more rest time, and avoid additional injury, after all the season was done at the point anyway.

I'm really concerned about his lack of reps during recovery as I think this was a factor last year... but time will tell I suppose.

I'd grab Romo to start the first few games and let Cam heal.  :)

From Scott Fowler yesterday: "Rivera admitted that he tried to take Newton out of the game but was talked into letting him stay in by the quarterback himself."

This was the Tampa Bay game, and at that point it probably didn't matter because Cam had already played two meaningless games with the partially torn rotator cuff.

18 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

LMAO.."let him" LMAO. They made him one of the highest paid QBs but they don't treat him like it. *shrug*

3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

From Scott Fowler yesterday: "Rivera admitted that he tried to take Newton out of the game but was talked into letting him stay in by the quarterback himself."

This was the Tampa Bay game, and at that point it probably didn't matter because Cam had already played two meaningless games with the partially torn rotator cuff.

If this is true, then it shows what a pathetic coach RR is.  You don't let a player talk you into doing something that hurts the entire team when there is no upside.  If that game was to get us into the playoffs, or SB - sure... but this is just stooooopid.

20 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Why do you think that. Nothing suggests he would have better off not playing or doing what he did made it worse.

It doesn't take a doctor to understand that if you start resting December 12th instead of January 2nd, that is almost a month's worth of extra rest. It's almost simple math...shouldn't be that hard to understand.

And that doesn't even take into account the beating that a NFL player receives on a Sunday. So yeah, if you think it's a good idea to play the franchise's most important player ever (suffering from a partially torn rotator cuff in his throwing arm) in three absolutely meaningless games, not to mention behind a decimated offensive line, then I can't help you.

Archived