• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And then there is this....

Jeremy Igo

21 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

But Ron is the COACH. That means he has the authority to tell him no, no matter how much he begs and pleads. Cam could've held up signs saying he wants to go in, as the coach Ron could've said no and left it there. Everybody knows Cam wanted to play and he probably downplayed the pain, but he doesnt call the shots; Ron does. Ron also apparently knew his rotator cuff was partially torn after the SD game so there's really no excuse. 

If he completely downplays the pain, how is RR supposed to make an informed decision. All I'm saying is this isn't a straight black or white issue. Lot of gray area. Being that I'm a "Camwagon" fan as many like to put it, I can still see both sides. Not the knee jerk reaction of most to just blame who they usually blame on every issue. 

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

If he completely downplays the pain, how is RR supposed to make an informed decision. All I'm saying is this isn't a straight black or white issue. Lot of gray area. Being that I'm a "Camwagon" fan as many like to put it, I can still see both sides. Not the knee jerk reaction of most to just blame who they usually blame on every issue. 

I get what you're saying, but Ron and the entire staff knew about the injury weeks before. So no matter how much he downplayed the pain, he shouldn't have been allowed to play with that injury period. He technically probably shouldn't have played the last 3 games after knowing what the MRI results were. Everybody dropped the ball imo. Cam is stubborn and hard headed and Ron/staff are just inept. That said, I think he will be fine and will recover fine. I think us fans are the only ones freaking out. He's probably known this was coming and hasn't seemed to let it phase him lol. We're the only ones pressing the oh-shiit button. 

2 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

I get what you're saying, but Ron and the entire staff knew about the injury weeks before. So no matter how much he downplayed the pain, he shouldn't have been allowed to play with that injury period. He technically probably shouldn't have played the last 3 games after knowing what the MRI results were. Everybody dropped the ball imo. Cam is stubborn and hard headed and Ron/staff are just inept. That said, I think he will be fine and will recover fine. I think us fans are the only ones freaking out. He's probably known this was coming and hasn't seemed to let it phase him lol. We're the only ones pressing the oh-shiit button. 

Have no problem with any of that. Well said. 

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Quite frankly, if I am  Newton, I would ask for a trade

..and yes, I am serious, in meaningless games, with a backup that is paid a couple of million,  they put him out there, seriously?

Perhaps he should have not worn a tie on the plane and team bus and refused to change 

I think Ron tried to get him to sit but Cam didn't want to. I get what you're saying but Cam wanted to play.

5 hours ago, SOJA said:

Without knowing the specifics of the injury and seeing the tests speculation is the best we can do. I would imagine the doctors and Cam made a joint decision to see how giving the shoulder a few months to rest would improve his motion. I'm guessing he has been trying to throw again and it isn't better. 

Regardless, Ron isn't going to come out and say, "Yea he's got a tear in his rotator cuff, but docs are confident it will be good." Clean bill of health is all relative in the NFL 

Head athletics trainer Ryan Vermillion told the team website the Panthers medical staff hoped rest and rehabilitation would allow the shoulder to heal. But when Newton experienced pain when he began throwing again, team doctor Pat Connor recommended arthroscopic surgery for Newton.

wow this SOJA guy actually isn't as much of a dipshit as I thought he was when he was preaching patience two days before free agency started 

Don't see the need to make a mountain out of a molehill here.  Especially given the traffic to the site.  

Andrew Luck had something similar happen to him the other year.  Starts out as a minor injury doctors deem to not require surgery and then it got to the point where general rehab wasn't sufficient.  For rotator cuff injuries, they can be managed with no surgery unless the pain becomes unsustainable to manage.  Seems like that happened.  

Let's not make this into something that it's not.  

17 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

When your Ferrari is running races on a busted up spare and no oil when it could be in the shop getting fixed, that's a terrible way to treat your Ferrari.

17 hours ago, Nails said:

He's a bonafide superstar, one of the highest paid athletes in the world regardless of sport, and has the potential to be one of the greatest to ever play.  To risk even a fraction of that on a meaningless game we wanted to lose is INFUGGINGSANITY.

Both of you are making huge assumptions about what happened. You act as if they weren't treating the injury or caring about him.  A partially torn rotator cuff is often treated nonsurgically. It isn't as if you don't know if it is getting better or worse which you can judge based on the amount of pain and looseness you feel in the shoulder. As long as the symptoms don't worsen there is no reason not to play. It it worsens or doesn't respond to nonsurgically methods you become more aggressive in shutting him down or doing surgery. I have not read any indications suggesting that playing made it worse or was detrimental. Have you?

Archived