• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And then there is this....

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

They really should be focused on the leaks. So many leaks everywhere. Sad.

It was the Russians

27 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Uh-oh. This is not going to fit with the agenda of many.

You mean Ron Rivera ISNT the retarded douchebag so many on here would love to make him out to be?!

53 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

looks like they tried to get him to sit.

And this is where I have an issue...

When the dynamic is that the head coach has to "try" to get a player to do what he wants, things are messed up.

You're the head coach. Tell him to sit down.

If you can do it for a dress code violation, you can do it for his health.

36 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Maybe because "tried" is dishonest when the got-damn head coach can bench anybody he wants to bench.

And, to me, it sounds like damned dishonest CYA bull-sh*t leaked by the organization because even they can see the heat they're getting from this.

"We TRIED but CAMMMMMMMMM said noooooooooo!"

That's some weak-ass poo, man.

Whatever helps you get thru this. I'm sure Phil Jackson would tell MJ to sit down if he wanted to play.  No one knows what Cam told the team. Putting this all on the staff is just convenient for those who blame everything on the FO/staff. I would rather wait for all the facts, or if this is even as issue. He will be fine by TC. If he tried rehab, it wasn't that bad. Just because everyone wanted to lose the last game, doesn't mean the players did. Does anyone really think they would ever tell the team to lay down/sit down for a draft pick? 

And what move, of any kind, don't they catch heat about. Half the fans don't want them to do anything this year just so they can finally be proven right. The so-called "from the beginning" fans. According to many on here, Rivera and G-man have never done anything right. 

Whatever helps you get thru this. I'm sure Phil Jackson would tell MJ to sit down if he wanted to play.  No one knows what Cam told the team. Putting this all on the staff is just convenient for those who blame everything on the FO/staff. I would rather wait for all the facts, or if this is even as issue. He will be fine by TC. If he tried rehab, it wasn't that bad. Just because everyone wanted to lose the last game, doesn't mean the players did. Does anyone really think they would ever tell the team to lay down/sit down for a draft pick? 

And what move, of any kind, don't they catch heat about. Half the fans don't want them to do anything this year just so they can finally be proven right. The so-called "from the beginning" fans. According to many on here, Rivera and G-man have never done anything right. 

The tie tho

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So you can bench a guy for a dress code violation, but you can't bench him for his health?  Any equivocation about whether or not a head coach can bench any player he damn well pleases at any time is simply naive or dishonest.

Like you said, whatever helps you get thru this.

(P.S. MJ? Really?  I love me some Cam, but he ain't no MJ.  He could be, but it won't ever happen under "Run the ball and drain the clock" Rivera.)

(P.S.S. And football ain't basketball.)

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

So you can bench a guy for a dress code violation, but you can't bench him for his health?  Any equivocation about whether or not a head coach can bench any player he damn well pleases at any time is simply naive or dishonest.

Like you said, whatever helps you get thru this.

(P.S. MJ? Really?  I love me some Cam, but he ain't no MJ.  He could be, but it won't ever happen under "Run the ball and drain the clock" Rivera.)

(P.S.S. And football ain't basketball.)

I agree the tie thing was stupid. But that's not same thing. He was trying to show everyone has same rules. Misguided or not. This is a player saying he is healthy enough to play. No telling all the variables at play. Could he hurt it more? How adament was Cam he could play? No one was there. 

People already have had their minds made up about the FO/staff wayyy before this. 

And MJ was just a star player example. Insert Aaron Rodgers if it makes you feel better. But you still found it necessary to take a shot at Rivera for some reason. If football isn't basketball, how can Rivera, or any coach, turn him into MJ. 

I pray that this year the Panthers will be good.
But, at this point, after 6 years of Rivera, I don't have very much hope.
He's just in way, way over his head and that has been obvious for years.

If there is a silver lining to this bullshit it's that if Cam's injury lingers and we have another clunker season I don't see anyway Rivera, Shula etc survive come next offseason. Gettleman I'm unsure of but I could see him getting the boot as well.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

People citing him not wanting to come out of the season finale as some sort of indictment on Newton are simply being buffoons.

That was like a full month after the injury occurred, and we were already eliminated. Why start him in the first place?

Don't be so intentionally retarded.

2 hours ago, Nails said:

Season finale-just thumped at home to our biggest rival, want desperately to lose to secure the top 10 pick, and he'd been beat to hell all year both inside and outside the framework of the rules.  Mind numbing.  A test monkey would have the reasoning skills to know he needed to sit.

I'm not even going to dignify this idiocy with a further response

teams don't care about draft picks

37 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I agree the tie thing was stupid. But that's not same thing. He was trying to show everyone has same rules. Misguided or not. This is a player saying he is healthy enough to play. No telling all the variables at play. Could he hurt it more? How adament was Cam he could play? No one was there. 

People already have had their minds made up about the FO/staff wayyy before this. 

And MJ was just a star player example. Insert Aaron Rodgers if it makes you feel better. But you still found it necessary to take a shot at Rivera for some reason. If football isn't basketball, how can Rivera, or any coach, turn him into MJ. 

But Ron is the COACH. That means he has the authority to tell him no, no matter how much he begs and pleads. Cam could've held up signs saying he wants to go in, as the coach Ron could've said no and left it there. Everybody knows Cam wanted to play and he probably downplayed the pain, but he doesnt call the shots; Ron does. Ron also apparently knew his rotator cuff was partially torn after the SD game so there's really no excuse. 

Archived